New Toy!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rvsuper, Jun 3, 2002.

1. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I'm expanding in business this year so I thought I would get a new used mower: 1999 John Deere F275 54" Front Deck Has only 150 hours on it.

newtoy.jpg

2. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats,Bro! Gotta love a new toy. These beauties are great for ease of deck maintenance and hills. Is it one of those 4x4s?

The only downer is the turn radius. Can't stripe effiently. I say if it's got a steering wheel then I pass on it, but you obviously have use for it or you wouldn't have bought it. Good luck with the new baby.

3. LAWnENFORCER

LAWnENFORCER LawnSite Member

I recently added a JD f510 to my equipment. It is smaller and more of a homeowners version. I have had nothing but bad luck with this thing. I have put two drive belts and a pulley on it. Yesterday the fu#&$% belt broke again Next week I am trading it for a Chopper. The dealer told me he would give me $2000 for it.

I don't stripe, but the 3 wheels made some ugly lines.

good luck

Kevin

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

It stripes great. I bought it with rollers, it IS a 4x4, and you can hardly see the tire tracks. Not a very tight turning radius, deck is great, spreads clippings well.

5. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

Those 4x4s are absolutely smokin on hills and you'll never get stuck in a ditch. On tip-they do best up and down not side to side on slopes.

6. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

RVLI Nice machine. was looking at buying my uncles F710 with a 48inch deck. I didnt know that those machines have 4x4 thought the bigger guys do like the F900's with the diesels. Ive driven my uncles machine F710, big backend that you gotta watch out where you swing, cause it has a turning radius of 10inches. Didnt like how the deck was off set for striping and the funny thing was, was that I went over there at my uncles one day with my 54inch Scag Hydro and walked the front yard with it while my dad drove the F710 in the front too and i ended up finishing before he did since it takes longer to turn around than a zero turn.
    Great machine though for snow blowing and going around trees but the better machine is a ZTR or Hydro Walkbehind.
    Oh one other thing, LAWnENFORCER we bought a F525 a few years back MIstake, tooo slow and had an ugly stripe/cut, no problems with belts just slow inefficent machine, upgraded to a 54inch Hydro Scag, good to hear your trading it in.
    Matt(lawnman)

7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

congrats on ur purchase, im sure u will have better luck then most of the other guys.