1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Toy

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Well I went ahead and did it. Thanks to the guys who I have been talking to via e-mail from here. They have convinced me on the boomless sprayer/spreader and the 100 hour garuntee. Plus some of the stuff I have picked up that have those things you can't fit a 60" ZTR in. (GATES)

I bought a Perma Green that was delivered Wednesday.

It has been waiting for my check at their wharehouse since the Expo.

I will post some pics soon.

Any tips on setting it up and using it.

BTW it will be used for general fert n squirt, I will use the Dixie set up for the more delicate/accurate applications. The DC is needed more on the mowing side and I did not feel like buying a nother ZTR at $9000 so I bought the sprayer instead.
  2. Well I got it all set up and did some work with it.

Followed the directions in the manual, it was pretty easy.

Does decent on hills.

I did have to move the drive belt tension spring to put tension on the belt though. It was slipping pretty bad.

The best word for this machine is simple.

pg back on carry rack.jpg
  3. I did a 264m apt. complex with it in 3.5 hours.

I got the carry rack so I wouldn't have to pull a trailer also.

pg side on carry rack.jpg
  4. I am filling it with this right now. I do have a van I bought just for apps, but I have to rhino line the inside, and set it all up to carry fert and chemicals, and tanks.

30gal tank.jpg
  5. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

let me know how ya like it.
    the local Scotts man had
    it and you gotta be careful
    cause it looked like he was
    screwing around real fast
    with dangerouse concentrated
    Good luck
  6. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Be sure you take the time to go over the nuts and bolts on it, there are times the work loose, especially after the first few uses. Keep a spray can of lubricant handy for the shoot plates so they will keep moving freely when you open and close shoot. The agitator springs usually wear down quickly, i've replaced them with a long bolt that actually goes through the spindle shaft and then tighten it down with a nut. As you get into using it, you'll enjoy it more and you'll be glad you have it at the end of the day. Good Luck!
  7. Thanks for the info.

It has been a little tought on the hands so far. I am not quite used to it, but it is easy to use.

I made the mistake of doing a big place with it first.

I did some little laws today, and it scoots right through them.

Now I want to see how well the consentrated spray works.

I keep a can of leithum spray (banana scented) in the truck.
  8. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought one back in April of this year. The more I use it, the more I love it. LGF, I too needed my mower for mowing more than apps. I have a spread and spray setup I built for my Lazer HP. It doesn't take long to put the setup on the mower, but it got to be a real pain taking it on & off. I work solo, so now I can take the Lazer w/ Ultra Vac and the PermaGreen, do apps. in the morning till things dry, then mow in the afternoon. Really like the low volume spray once I got used to it. It's great to only have to go over the lawn once (huge time saver) and I only have to carry a 35 gal. Nurse tank for herbicide refillls.:) ;) :) ED
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

THAT does it! I'm jealous!!!!:mad: Man, that is the way to go! I can't WAIT for the day! (next season) I use one occasionally, now, but it doesn't belong to me. I've learned some tricks with them already, also. One, is that when you spray and spread at the same time, go back over BETWEEN the rows after with just the spray. I was first told this by a Scott's tech, who said he doesn't like and want to share his info with anyone else. (some other operators we just happened to be talking about then). When I told my friend about this helping technique, he said he already knew and does it. Go figure! Anyway, enjoy it, and make the best out of it! Good luck to you!;)
  10. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

No need to go back if you run the machine as they say. That is 7 ft passes center of wheel marks to center of wheel marks. It is easy to eyeball since the machine is 3 ft wide to estiamte 4 ft bwtween tracks is simple.

This gives you good single coverage on weed spray and double coverage on fert which is important if it has a pre-emerge or other product on it.

The spread width is honest at 14-15 ft and you can the the stuff dropping between the wheel tracks of the previous pass.