new toy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Five Star Lawn Care LLC, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

went to Home Depot to rent a bed edger and ended up buying it....its a 2 yr old ez-trench bedscaper....i picked it up for $600 bucks if you can belive it....

the guy there said they maybe rented it out 5 times in the past 2 was a great deal for me b/c the first job i did with it was an $800 it made its money back in one thats one hell of a profit return...

ez trench.jpg
  2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Looks nice, great find!
  3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

nice machine.......................
  4. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I just purchased a new one like that. It does a great job.
  5. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

GOD why cant i find deals like that that thing dosent have a scratch on it
  6. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

How do you like the Gator Rator?
  7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My friend went to Home Depot to rent a Vermeer 625 chipper. He needed one for a job. He priced new ones at $10,000. Home Depot sold him theirs for $4,000. It had new belts and knives. The machine had 400 hours on the meter, but most of those hours are probably idling time.
  8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Keep an eye on those Home Depot deals. A guy in the construction business a couple years ago just happened to be going in there when they had 3 of their Bluebird aerators for sale......$225 each. He bought all 3 of of them. Started calling LOC's out of the YP (me being one of them) and was selling them for $450. I bought it and wished I would have bought the other one he had left.

CHAINSAW13 LawnSite Member

Great find! I got my bluebird dethatcher a few years ago from a local rental place. When I went to rent it the guy pulled me aside and offered to sell it to me for $750.00. and told me that I was the only one that ever rented it. I asked to see their records and he showed me the records for both of their dethatchers. I had rented one of them twice and the other one I had rented 6 times. So I bought the one I had used the least. I wish I had bought both of them! I love a good find. Try checking yard sales and such they're always good for a deal or a good laugh!
  10. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

hey five star looks like a great deal if you could post a before edge and after never really seen any of these in use yet.thanks