new toy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by strayer1, Apr 12, 2004.

1. strayer1

strayer1 LawnSite Member

hello, just picked up my 1st emark lazer hp and its brand new and was wondering how soon should i change the hydro oil also, is it hard to do or should i take it to a dealer?what about the engine oil? how soon should i change it for break-in?:eek:

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I purchased a new scag today, hydro change is 500 hours and the engine is 10 hours and its a kohler, but different manufactures have different intervals , I would call my dealer back and ask them. And I quess it depends on how mechanically inclined you are if you or the dealer preforms this service

3. jbt

jbt LawnSite Member

Dealer should have gone over this when you bought it. Most new units come with break-in oil in the engine which needs to be changed after 8-10 hours. My dealer gave me the oil filter for the first change.

4. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

i might be wrong about this, but i don't think you want to change the hydro oil unless there is a problem.

5. Gtotoy

Gtotoy LawnSite Member

~~Just grabbed a Everride Warrior today, man she is sweet.~~

6. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

On mine it said once a year. I can do a lot of maintenance, but for the $$ and being only once a year, I'll let the dealer do mine, at least for the first year(don't want any questions if there's a problem with the hydro and warranty).

Check your owners manual.

Hope this helps, littlenic

7. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

to change the fluid or the filter?