new toys for '04

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Turfdude, Mar 8, 2004.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Yes, please tell.

2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

The dealer felt that for the price, they would do me better than the eXmark. Mechanics said the same. They have some much easier adjustments than the eXmarks, self tensioning springs for blade engagement, blade to blade and transmission pulleys. They have a slightly deeper deck w/ more airflow above blades for bagging and/or discharging. They have a blade clutch as opposed to manual blade engagement. For the extra $125/machine, they offer a bit more. Also, quality of cut is a tad bit better over the eXmarks.

3. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

I know what you mean but what i am saying is that the eXmark in my mind is a better machine by far. But those bobcats are really sweet to, just picked up my 48 inch up not more than a week or two ago and cant wait to go out and mow.

4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought the exact same Bob-Cat and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. mkwl

Because Bob-Cat's are far superior machines to exmark!

6. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Turfdude,

How much did you pay for those BobCats...... I am thinking about buying on and I also live in South Jersey and I want to know if my dealer is giving me a decent deal or not. How does it run? Do you like it?

7. mkwl

I think I can answer your question. I live in North Jersey and I just bought a new Bob-Cat belt drive 48" w/ 15 hp Kawasaki V-Twin engine and I love it!!!!!!! I got my Bob-Cat for $3,300. The Kawasaki engine runs really smooth and is really powerful! It handles extremely well and the quality of cut and striping are absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! I also have a Grass Gobbler catcher for it, and it bags the clippings really well! Get a Bob-Cat, and you WILL NOT be dissappointed!

8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Cheese Dawg,

I bought a pair of them in the spring. They were around $2825 a piece and the umbo gobblers were another $160 a piece. I got back $100 per mower from Bobcat last month. I really like these machines (not that I use them much myself anymore).

9. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

your equipment is awesome.

10. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

awesome, awesome setup. thinking about getting one of those bobcats next season.