New toys for beginners...(second season)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ALL AMERICAN, Mar 10, 2004.

1. ALL AMERICAN

ALL AMERICAN LawnSite Member
    from Austin

The Echo is the 403T
    The husky is 25BT (I think)

2. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Looks great! Wish you well this season!

Brian

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

It looks like you will do well withyour new purchases.Nice looking trailer Good luck.

4. ALL AMERICAN

from Austin

Thanks everyone! :D

5. cubzforce

cubzforce LawnSite Member

ALL AMERICAN, if ya dont mind, how much was that ferris walk behind and where bouts do ya live. I am in georgia myself. looking into getting on of those, i think they are a great machine. Love the trailer its bad ass.

6. ALL AMERICAN

from Austin

We have been real busy putting scratches and dents on all our equipment!!! :(

The Ferris is a 32" Hydro walk behind. We live just north of Austin TX. The total price was somewhere around $2,500.00. We purchased it through McCoys Lawn Equipment Center and got a sweet deal. The only down side is that you can't turn that mower without your feet planted on the ground. Which means it will always be a walk behind. There are no seperate controls for each wheel.

7. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

So is the Ferris one of those single hydro drives, if so how ell does it work.

Also wich blower do you like better i am in the market for one and can't decide what i want.

8. ALL AMERICAN

from Austin

Yes, it is a single drive. It has "power steering" and turns easily once you let it know what you are doing. We are happy with it for now.

As for the blowers, I like the size and power of the Husky 25cc. But, it doesn't compare to the 40cc Echo. I have really seen the limits of the Husky with all the leaf blowing here lately.

9. A.O. Inc.

A.O. Inc. LawnSite Member

We have the same machine. It is a good mower, lays good lines. It had a leaking problem at first, but the dealer squared that away in about 5 minutes.

As for turning, you can use a sulkie and it has more then enough power to pull it. The brakes are individual so it can power turn left and right. I was skeptical at first, but after using it for a while it is easy to control.

Downside besides the left/right throttle control is that the mower speed and the blade speed are not seperate.

10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Nice equipment, good luck this year