New toys! Wooot!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ElephantNest, Jul 24, 2003.

1. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

36", floating deck, Kawi 15hp, and Shindaiwa stick edger ( first stick for me) I'm used to the fixed deck, so tomorrow will be the test. Feels like X-mas eve..........:p

P.S. Drove 20 miles and got the TurfTracer floating deck for same price as local dealers wanted for the Viking fixed deck.
  2. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats..:blob4: :blob3: :blob1: hope you enjoy them
  3. springman26

springman26 LawnSite Member

Nice stuff man! Whats a floating deck? I guess it moves up and down independantly? Please explain.
  4. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice machines, EN! :D Congrats.
  5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I really want to hear how you like it cause thats my next purchase.
  6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Yes, when the deck rollers are properly set any corner or side of the deck can move up over bumps to contour the ground and give a better cut. The key is to have the deck rollers set right. It took a day or so for me to figure that out with my TTHP 52". Now it cuts beautifully!

EN congrats on the new toys, you'll love the TTHP and floating deck! Get a Proslide sulky and you're all set! The Proslide is my favorite of all on the smaller lawns because it lets you ride or step off and walk the tigher and smaller parts of a lawn then hop back on and ride the more open areas. Very handy and saves time unhooking a conventional wheel sulky. Keeps you at ground level and right behind the controls too. Stripes like there's no tomorrow as well!
  7. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

I now have 22 hours (tiny tach) on that same Exmark with a proslide... I found it much better when I added the weight kit as the front end was hard to keep on the ground with the proslide... especially going up hills...

Looks like you have the mulch kit on also??? Congrats!!!

I don't think the fixed or floating deck will make much of a cutting difference in the 36 inch size, but it sure is a lot easier to change the mowing height...

Good luck... and thanks for the gatorline response :)
  8. CS Lawns

CS Lawns LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Congrats man! Know how you feel being like christmas. Just bought the Exmark 36" Viking Hydro myself (Love the ECS hand controls) also got the Scag Tiger Cub ZTR with a 52" deck
  9. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

Congrats on the new equipment! I never new the TTHP had offset front casters:confused:

from AL

That is one Sweet Mower.

I've got 680hrs & no downtime on this One.