1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New track loader questions

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mdlwn1, Nov 9, 2012.

1. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll second the Case TR320. Try one out if you have a good dealer in your area. Before I bought mine, I ran it against a 289C and a TL240. The Case was just outperformed the others IMO and the new cab is nice. I also liked the TL240, it just felt a little dated and didn't have quite the breakout power. Overall nice machine though and well built. The Cat was distant third. The cab and instrument cluster is nice, minus the flimsy door. Power felt weak for a machine that size. Visibility to the rear is non-existent. The ride was a little better but not much.
  2. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Doosan bought Bobcat from Ingersoll Rand in 2007.

Doosan's are Orange, Bobcats are White :)

Doosan is based out of South Korea.

Power Tan - Case
  3. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Dozerman, for some reason I thought you had a Deere a while back. You didn't like the D series?
  4. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

I ran a cat 259 that was on our jobsite the other day and that suspension made a difference running down the street. It was smooth. My taki feels like it is going to rattle the windows out going down the street. On dirt it is smooth, but not on asphalt.

That being said I love my taki, I have had no problems. Taki's don't have much creature comforts, although I am comfortable working 12 hour days with their silky smooth hydraulics and air ride seat. Taki's are for guys that just want to get s##t done. And you just can't beat the hell out of a Taki. Cats are for guys that want to get S@#t done and look! You just hate to scratch up all that purty paint and decals.
  5. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

....well my friend Tim, watches his operating costs pretty closely. He has 2 - TL 240's and 1 TL130. He claims the tier 4 in the Taki is a thirsty engine.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I would vote for the bobcat t770 , but don't overlook the case and kubota machines .
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a CT332 but sold it a few years ago. It was a strong machine but was constantly having breakdowns as soon as the warranty ran out. Not nickel and dime stuff either, expensive sh!t. The D Series seem to be an improvement if they are more durable. It would be hard for me to buy another one with lemon I had, especially with all the choices out there.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like it will be the Bobcat. Is there any reason that buying a tier 3 engine machine would be bad?