New tracks

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by SiteSolutions, Jun 2, 2011.

1. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Got new tracks for the T-190. The old ones finally gave up just past 1700 hours; can't complain about that.

All my friends were busy working so I got to put them on myself. Found a helper to walk the travel back and forth. Had to get creative with a way to slip them over the last idler.

IMG00108-20110602-1033.jpg

IMG00107-20110602-1033.jpg

IMG00106-20110602-1033.jpg

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Smart man, 4-in1 bucket, reminds me of my former T190.

3. SiteSolutions

This one's a "K" series, made some time around 2006 and bought in spring of 2007. Needs a little maintenance but it has been a good machine.

New tracks look aggressive but ride a lot better than worn out tracks.

4. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Reminds me of putting them on mt T300 by myself. That sucked! It may just be the pics but your spockets looked smoked as well.

5. SiteSolutions

You're right, the sprockets are also at 1700 hours and ready for a change... like Johnny Cash said, "one piece at a time" :laugh:

6. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

I think bad sprockets will wear out you new tracks. Might want to check on that before they get damaged.

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Change out your sprockets every 2nd set of tracks you replace.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. SiteSolutions

Of course the sprocket salesman will tell you you must replace sprockets with tracks. I am already pricing them, if anyone has a place that has quality parts and decent prices I'd love to hear about it. I'm figuring they will run about $500, maybe a little less, shipping and all.

At 1000 hours, I had major service on the machine which included swapping the tracks and sprockets from side to side, which may have been part of why they lasted 1700 hours.