New tractor

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by paulrandal, Sep 7, 2005.

1. paulrandal

paulrandal LawnSite Member

It's the 2500HD LT - now the kids are a little bigger I wish I'd bought the crew cab instead of the extended cab but that would make it even harder to park.

Had some fun last night pulling out stumps from 4-inch alders with the back-hoe - it seems effortless. I'm sure the 12-inch ones will require more work.

I'll take it easy for the first 50 hours as you all suggest. I'm going to have the dealer do the 50-hr service - they drain all fluids apparently. I've already worked out that I want front bucket hooks and a claw for grabbing branches and stumps with the back-hoe - will get them at the same time.

Had some friends over last night who have a bunch of Cat-I implements (except a post-hole digger which gives me an excuse!) and I'm going to go halves on a Rankin 6" chipper in the spring.

Endless possibilities :)

2. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

im jealous.... congrats...

3. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Very nice unit. Wish I had it..lol I guess I am stuck with my old Ford for now.. congrats.

4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

dang john your killin me. hopefully someday ill have all that stuff you have.

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Metro I though you had a really old kubota? Anyways your tractor's age matches the truck. LOL

6. Metro Lawn

lol I knew that was coming... I have the Kubota too. Hey, We have some trucks without wooden wheels..lol 95,96,05

7. Metro Lawn

forgot the pic

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

finally break down and buy a new truck for yourself to drive around to do estimates in. Its all about that profesional image when making the sale.

9. lamarbur

lamarbur LawnSite Member

I also have a L48. Have the mechanical quick attach hoe buckets with 12 and 24" buckets. I use the 12" almost exclusively for removing stumps. Now and then, a trench for underground electric... I hog mow our fields 7 times a year with a tornado 72" deck, have a 72" york rake and a 7 1/2 ft power angle Diamond snow plow. Last winter I had a local guy build me half cab pieces, with glass, and fill in the rear and door openings with a canvas button in, and clear plastic glass for the door panels.. Have near 300 hours and machine runs flawless... Would get another in a heart beat if I had to..

10. billp603

billp603 LawnSite Member
    from NH