1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Tractor

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Jamesgateslandscaping, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought 10" was a dumb question, but that tractor makes it look so small.

My dealer was thinking that I would want to have a 16' trailer, but if I am going to put the harley rake on at the same time, and broadcast speader, I will use up every bit of 18' of a trailer.

Tim

2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

CONGRATULATIONS! Looks fantastic. I can't wait for a group photo of all the equipment. Did you get a new contract that you needed the tractor for or will you be drumming up some work?

Off topic... how many miles do you have on the 2500? Looks great. :clapping:

3. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

No contract, just got sick of spending 1-2 hours each morning/night picking up/dropping off the skid steer when I needed it and having to pay full price for using it for 10 minutes. It should drum up plenty of work and will stay plenty busy.
    The 2500HD has 16,000 miles on it, a little over for the lease but I will do GM's pull ahead program 8 months ahead of its turn in date and should be fine with the miles, plus, I wont always have to move the big equipment with the HD now that I have the dump (or atleast when it comes back from having the body put on:hammerhead: )
    James

4. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Your gonna want atleast a 20', we measured and with a york rake its gonna take up the whole trailer and prob then some:dizzy: .
    James

5. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I concur on the 20'. 18" is about 6" too short. I bought my first tractor when I realized that I had been spending $16,000 per year renting the things...

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

sweet tractor.
    those things rock.

7. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got off of the phone with my dealer.

Changed the 18' trailer to a 20' trailer.

Thank you guys,

You a save'n my hide.

Tim

8. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Pictures! Gotta luv 'em! Way nice tractor there bud! Theres a forum just for tractors of all sizes, yours too, www.mytractorforum.com you might like. LOTS of pictures.

9. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Good looking tractor. I have been very happy with the new hollands that I have rented....hopefully soon I will own one.

10. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

nice tractor looks awesome i hope u have fun and good luck with it.:waving: