1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Tractor

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Jamesgateslandscaping, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

That is down right weird.

Their brochure shows it lifting a pallet of stone.

I wonder if the dealer did not fill the hydrofluid up right.

My friend had exactly the same problem, and come to find out, they did not top off the hydrolic fluid at all. Filled it up and he was in business.

2. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

I would agree with TJLANDS that is defintely the #1 weakpoint with that machine. It won't lift more than 1800 lbs, and you had better have counterweights if you even try. We couldn't lift a full skid of anything that weighed 2000 lbs which was a true setback with that tractor. I don't know why they say otherwise in the brochure because it is misleading. At times it was a stretch to lift a bucket of crushed stone and dump it in a truck. It has nothing to do with the hydraulic fluid levels its just the limit of the pump on the tractor. The dealer checked it over and it is what it is...

That is the #1 primary reason we got rid of that tractor because it just didn't have the lift capacity for what we are doing. It's a liability to push a machine past its capabilities. Other than that it was fine. To have a machine that doesn't lift 2000 lbs is a major setback, most material is at least palletized in 2000 lbs increments.

Hope I didn't rain on anyone's parade.....for seeding/mulching it was a great machine...anything else....not really.
  3. Tim Wright

I will see what happens here this summer.

For me, I cannot see doing much more than mulch, etc, this year. Now next year, who knows.

I may be buying a new machine.

4. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

The machine will do just fine. The skid i rented last year only had a capacity of 1700lbs. I know the tractor is smaller (in terms of cap) but will hold its own. I just have to wait for it to warm up and really give it a workout.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

mine will lift 2k no problem i can even sneek of a pallet of salt at 2500lbs

6. Tim Wright

Thats cool Dusty.