1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New trailer bought 1-7-2013

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Phelps_lawncare, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Phelps_lawncare

Phelps_lawncare LawnSite Member

thanks for all the comments guys. i hope it see's alot of use this summer. i liked my enclosed trailer but it was extremely hot in the summer and putting hot mowers in there only made it worse. im liking the open trailer more and more. i just need to get my trimmer, blower and tool racks mounted and its ready to roll.

2. S. Scapes

S. Scapes LawnSite Member

Good looking trailer man! I have a 6x12 as well but mine has 2 ft wire mesh sides. You'll love that size and good job on the price too!

3. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice trailer! Do you know what the useable weight capacity is with the 3500 lb. axle? Just curious since I have a 5.5 x 10.

4. Phelps_lawncare

Phelps_lawncare LawnSite Member

well kaufman says 2990 but thats because of the trailer brake law. anything 3000lbs or over has to have a braking axle. depending on the size frame your trailers built out of i would stay at 3000 or below. iv hauled more but i wouldnt push it.