1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new trailer hoist

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by PatiosInstalled, Aug 20, 2008.

1. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

i was tired of having to lift the tamp and other tools up and down every time we moved the tools. so i pick this crane up the other day and after fabricating it to the trailer and installing the winch i now have a hoist that can lift 1000lbs (although i don't think i would max it out) off the ground and place it on either side of the trailer and or in to the bed of the truck.

2. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

wow that is a good idea.. how did you do it? just buy a engine hoist and put a winch on it? looks like a great time for a trip to harbor frieght for stuff like that!!
  4. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Great idea, if it saves your back, its priceless.

Off topic, but where did you get the 05' grill on your 03-04 truck done? How much did it cost? I think it looks awesome, I'd love to get that done on my 04'.
  5. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

i picked the hoist up on ebay when all said and done it ended up costing around $250. i also picked the 05 grill up on ebay a guy sells them on there, he cnc's them down so they will fit the 04 years it cost around $200-300 too and it only 5 mins to swap out.
  6. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info! Do you have any upclose pictures of the front of your truck so I can get a better view of the fit?
  7. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good job, i love when someone figures out how to make things easy at a lower cost. I actually had a guy working for me few years ago that could pick up my stoll plate tamper( largeat one made ) and place it in the bed of my f-350. We called him Bubba!
  8. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

out compsctor hoist is my mt-52

we just haul it with the compactor in the bucket.
  9. KelleyZP

KelleyZP LawnSite Member

ahhh- Harbor Frieght- a truly awesome store.. If youre ever looking for tools that you can actually use and not have to worry as much about losing/breaking them- then thats the place- neat items at low prices:dancing::cool2:

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

now if you can just engineer that to work with my enclosed trailer i will be gratious. Realy all i need to do is get a wheel kit for my wacker, but just don't want to spend the money. have any of you guys come up with a good way to move them around in less than ideal conditions.