New Trailer! (pics)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by wvaughn7, Nov 30, 2010.

1. wvaughn7

wvaughn7 LawnSite Member

Hey everyone I recently purchased this trailer from a local mechanic. When I bought it the floor was completely rotten, all the lights were busted and the wiring was cut, the jack had been bent, the gate had been ran through with a forklift, the framing for the floor was useless due to him carrying too big of a load on it, and it had different colored wheels on it. It was also in need of a paint job and new tires. Me and my brother have spent about 4 weeks and $300 replacing the floor, and basically rebuilding the frame. We also made a weedeater rack out of 1" square tubing that turned out quite nicely. All of this work was done personally in our basement. I have a few pics from before and after for you guys so let me know what you think. Im open to all critiqueing, but let's stay on topic.

2. wvaughn7

wvaughn7 LawnSite Member

Here are the rest of the pictures. And something I left out was that I made the tie down rings you see in the pictures from a piece of 1/2" roundbar and a sheet of 1/4" plate.

3. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

looks good to me. how much did you end up spending total to fix it
  4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Man that thing is ALL beat to heII.
  5. Fritz0

Fritz0 LawnSite Member

Nice job.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. wvaughn7

wvaughn7 LawnSite Member

I don't know the cost down to the penny just yet but we stayed well under $1000 and the trailer is now capable of 10,000 pounds without thinking a single thing about it. The cheapest thing I have found anywhere for a trailer of that quality was 15-1800.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  7. wvaughn7

wvaughn7 LawnSite Member

That's the beauty of it! I'm sure you have no memory of it but I posted a thread about a walk behind mower that I purchased and rebuilt a couple months ago. I love taking things that are almost considered junk and redoing them to where even the original owner doesn't recognize it. I bought the mower from the our local dealer, and they didn't think it was the same mower and I had put less than $100 in it.
  8. Robert Pruitt

Robert Pruitt LawnSite Senior Member

is that a Kaufman trailer?
  9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

That's how you can make some money ... may even be a career field possibility for you !!
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Everything's sure gotten so darned expensive, 9 years ago I paid 1500 for my
    6x12 with full solid steel sides so I have no qualms believing less of a trailer new
    costs at least as much today... Then again maybe it isn't less of a trailer.

But I say if all in all, if you spent a thousand...
    Kind of like a lot of my deals, you're far from having got a steal but you didn't get ripped off,
    fair is fair and for that money it's good enough, you paid what it's worth and that's as good as it gets.

Good luck with it!