1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New trailer:)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by fiveoboy01, Jul 6, 2007.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Well a co-worker of mine bought this, decided it was too small, and asked me if I wanted to buy it. I can use it, so why not. Brand spanking new and got a couple hundred off new price. 12.5' long and I think it's 6' wide.

2. jww2008

jww2008 LawnSite Member

nice trailer what are you going to do with your other one
  3. fiveoboy01

Keep it to haul mowers....
  4. Lawn_Boy

Lawn_Boy LawnSite Member

Very nice! How do you plan to make use of two trailers?
  5. fiveoboy01

Well I do plan to make a removable side set-up for it to haul mulch. The capacity is only 2500# but that should be good for 3-4 yards. Otherwise if I've got a larger load, I can actually fit both my mowers on the small trailer and use the larger one to haul "stuff".

Case in point, I had a cleanup 2 weeks ago, and the 16' trailer had a pile of brush 7 feet tall on it. Sunday was the day of the cleanup, and there were 3 weekly mowing accounts less than a mile away. So I had to do the cleanup, go dump the brush, go back to the shop and load the mowers, then drive back out to the same area to mow the accounts. If I'd had a second trailer I could have had the mowers out there too and gotten it all done.

I may not need it "all" the time, but when I do make use of it I'll end up saving a lot of time and trouble.
  6. Lawn_Boy

Lawn_Boy LawnSite Member

I see - good luck!
  7. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I remember the days when I used my trailer to haul "stuff". glad those days are over. buy a dump truck or trailer.
  8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

you can never have enough trailers!!!
  9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

why such a small trailer? Are you just gonna use it to haul equipment? I would have at least gone with a 14' tandem axle trailer. That way you can use it for hauling a lot more. But i guess a nice compact trailer is good to have for strictly mowing setup.
  10. fiveoboy01

I already have a 16' tandem axle trailer which I use to haul the mowers.

This is a spare, to be used for hauling topsoil, mulch, etc. If I have a large amount of debris to haul, I CAN fit both WBs on this small trailer if necessary. Some jobs(mulch, cleanups) we have been taking both our trucks to the jobsite, and could use an extra trailer.

Yes I realize a dump trailer would be best, but I'm holding off for 2 reasons - they are more than I thought for the size, and my brother is considering buying a new Chevy 3500 cab & chassis with a dump box installed.

I'm pressuring him to do so:)