New trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by motorscot, Feb 2, 2010.

1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

That is one nice trailer

2. motorscot

motorscot LawnSite Member

Got some more things done: Mounted trimmer racks on the right wall, and one on each side from the ceiling (with the 7' inside height, I don't bump the equipment at 6' tall), mounted hand tool racks, and floor board for grass catchers, etc.

Also final paint on floor and ramps.

To do list: Fastraps will go in tomorrow, paint work bench and storage area, install water cooler, rig up fuel hose rig....

Picture 144.jpg

Picture 145.jpg

Picture 146.jpg

Picture 150.jpg

3. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

Very clean. What paint did you use on the floor? Also, what kind of rack are you using to hold your blowers?

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i have never seen such a side ramp, others are always on the v nose, that is much better but it is on the wrong side of the trailer imo

5. motorscot

Quikrete Garage 1 step epoxy, Valspar Industrial maintenance enamel on the walls.
    I went to Lowe's and bought Gladiator brand wall mount system. Seems to work really well. I have room for two blowers and both my chainsaw and hedge trimmer on the same 48" section.

Well.....I thought a lot about it. I decided that most of the time I will be parking on the right side of the street anyway and figured that the ramp would be in the way if it was on the grass side. Also, with the fuel station where it is, I have just enough hose to fill up the mowers while they are on the curb (or in the trailer). I also wanted to be able to jump into the trailer from the side door to get anything instead of having to lower the side ramp or go through the rear.

I've just about finished up everything. I mounted the straps, finished up all the storage areas, and only have to do the final hookup on the fuel station, paint the bench/shelves, and create a water cooler shelf (it will be something to see)

6. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info I will look into the rack system. When you are completely finished can we see pictures with the mowers loaded?

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

very nice! wht trimmer rack is tht?

8. motorscot

Jungle Jim. It's okay, but not holding up as well as I thought it would.

9. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member

how so? just not sturdy enough?

10. motorscot

The pin holding the shaft in place on the left side fell out (top) and the lower hook on the right broke its weld. Rust, fading, etc. Only came with two wall extensions for enclosed trailer mounting (unless I truly just can't find two of four after almost 2 years in my garage)