New trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by motorscot, Feb 2, 2010.

1. motorscot

motorscot LawnSite Member

Okay, I'm pretty much all done. I will be sure to update everyone once the season starts and if I make any changes. I still haven't finalized the plans on the cooler mount. I'm thinking about a swing out shelf. Also, notice the old mower tires under the 21s. My service man told me about using them. They work great, didn't cost a dime, and hold the mowers pretty solid.

2. motorscot

Forgot to add the pics

Picture 157.jpg

Picture 158.jpg

Picture 159.jpg

Picture 160.jpg

3. motorscot

Some more pics

Picture 161.jpg

Picture 162.jpg

Picture 163.jpg

Picture 164.jpg

4. motorscot

I tried to make everything as user friendly as possible while also making the most of the available space. I still have room for my wheelbarrow, my leaf vac/chipper, and my chainsaw.

I also wanted to be able to reconfigure regardless of what equipment I'm running that day. I should be able to move the 48 to where the 36 is etc. This would also allow some flexability in mowers down the road (stander or z)

Picture 165.jpg

Picture 166.jpg

Picture 167.jpg

5. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks really good Im picking up my new enclosed tomorrow and plan on painting it and putting a work bench in the front also. Did your paper towel holder come from sears?

6. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Built your self one heck of a set up! Congrats and enjoy this season!!

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

very kool! definitly made great use of the space

8. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great, thanks for posting the build out process.

9. motorscot

No, it's the Gladiator series from Lowe's (though Sears might sell it???).

Thanks everyone for your responses. I wanted to show some of the things I did so that others might benefit (and me as well from the feedback)

I wanted to try out a verticle rack for the trimmers, but I didn't have the room because of the mowers.

My original plan was to mount the cooler above the fuel station, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work (strapping it down, being able to fill your container, etc)

The other idea was to mount it on the wall at the rear, but I thought a: it would be in the way, and b: if mounted up high someone would blow their shoulder out eventually trying to lift 40+ lbs over their heads

10. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

You did a really good job getting that trailer dressed out. Have a good season with it.