1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by motorscot, Feb 2, 2010.

1. motorscot

motorscot LawnSite Member

I used 2.5" metal screws to mount the ledger boards to the metal wall studs

I hope nothing comes loose, I've stood on them several times. If I do notice anything looking loose, then I will install some vertical stud against the wall

FWIW, other that the 60 lbs fuel tank, small tool box, and the occasional chainsaw and case, nothing is on the shelves

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

nice looking trailer. good luck this season
  3. motorscot

motorscot LawnSite Member

Thanks. I'm working on getting it lettered up and went by my service man to see about the details.......

Oh my, all the new Exmarks were unbelievable!!!!!

They are a new dealer for them, formally the occasional Encore, but full time Yamaha golf cart, full Shindy line and also Marayuma (sp ??)

I was drooling over the TTHP 48 and test rode it. First time on a hydro WB. It was the heat

I'm thinking Vantage, TTHP, Navi (or some combination) for next season. Don't get me wrong, I love TORO, but since Exmark is a Toro subsidiary, and the nearest dealer is 25 minutes vs 10 for this one......

Oh, free bump for www.threemkarts.com
  4. terrypiper

terrypiper LawnSite Member

motorscot i saw this thread last night and am hooked. i had thought about an enclosed but decided to go with a 20' landscape open and was ready to order it this week. you changed my mind! i called metro this morning and got a great quote for a 8.5 x 20 $4480 thats less than a grand of the open landscape was going to cost. i am going to get it ordered this week or next. told them to deliver it to you so you can make it look like yours lol. thanks for posting and answering all questions sent. you were a great salesman for cargo south and enclosed trailers. good luck this season and will be headed south in a few weeks i hope.
  5. terrypiper

terrypiper LawnSite Member

which webite was that cargo south or metro trailers? you should be getting your trailer soon! what brand did you go with? love your new yard signs they are cool
    thanks terry
  6. betterlawnsandlandscaping

betterlawnsandlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I know this thread is from the first of the year but after seeing your trailer, I have wanted one of these Cargo South trailers. Yours looks awesome! How good did it hold up the first year? Can you post pics of it after the lettering?
  7. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

When your looking for your trailer pay the extra couple thousand and get a qaulity trailer, I bought a trailer made by Lark in the spring and it is the biggest piece of crap, I dont have enough time to tell you everything that has gone wrong with it but its a long list! And now because of down time Ive lost all the money I saved on buying the cheaper trailer. I have another enclosed that I bought new almost ten years ago and its in better mechanical condition. And Larks customer service sucks too, nothing is there fault!
  8. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good.i like it.nice work.
  9. Triple G Lawn and Snow

Triple G Lawn and Snow LawnSite Member

trailer looks sweet man. I might be looking at buying an enclosed in the spring.

Any peticular reasons why you went with the v-nose over a conventional square front? Was it just for the shelves?

I have been debating and I like the looks of the regular square front but didnt know if anyone saw any advantages/disadvantages to the v-nose.

It just reminds me of a snowmobile trailer. Please share your thoughts