1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mowerbrad, Oct 4, 2010.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Well after about 7 weeks or so, I finally got my new trailer. I had this trailer custom built for me so it is PERFECT for me. It is an 18' trailer with dovetail and split rear ramp gate. It also has a side ramp gate on the passenger side. I put 5200lb axles on there with brakes on both axles. I added the 4' mesh sides on the front half of the trailer. I did the all LED package and added two work lights on the front of the trailer. The color is JOHN DEERE YELLOW.

This trailer is a monster!!!! It tips the scales at 2880lbs empty.

2. mowerbrad

Couple more pics....

3. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

wow that's a bright trailer! when i first saw that i thought i was looking at the sun!:laugh::laugh::laugh: looks great brad, but wow 7 weeks! How much did that set you back?
  4. mowerbrad

Well the place I had it built at doesn't build trailers regularly, they build them custom usually. But they know how to build a trailer very well. The place also does custom fire apparatus and repairs, so during my build they had some fire trucks come in for repairs, so they got priority over my trailer. But it was well worth the wait.

I won't say the exact price but when I priced this trailer out at a few different trailer manufacturers they seem to go for $5500 +/-
  5. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

That stands out! Very nice trailer. I love the dovetail, 5200 axles, and side gate.

You should have put an electric jack on there if you have to unhook all the time. I think you use the Chevy as your personal truck also.
  6. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Wow that is nice and it does stand out that is diffrent.i like it.good luck with it.looks to be great for cleanups and what not.
  7. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice setup, who was the company that built it?
  8. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

What is that area at the bottom of the rear split ramp for?
  9. mowerbrad

Yea the chevy is also my personal truck. I thought about the electric jack, but that was just one more thing that could break. But it really isn't that bad hooking up and unhooking.

B&B Truck Equipment in Byron Center. If you ever need a trailer, I highly recommend them.
  10. Bassmar

Bassmar LawnSite Member

Very nice, I will be looking for a 16ft dovetail with 3500lb axles next year hopefully.