1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Trailer!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by dsittler, Feb 16, 2011.

1. dsittler

dsittler LawnSite Member

My new trailer for this season is a 6' X 10' tandem axle trailer with 20" sides and brakes on 1 axle. It has a spring assisted mesh fold down tailgate, rubber mounted lights, 3500lb axles and tongue jack with wheels. I mounted a steel diamond plate platform to the tongue to secure my front storage box too. The storage box is 24" X 48" and is lockable, I keep my fuel containers, oil, blower, bungee cords, tools, ratchet straps and safety equipment in there. I also purchased a 2 place Extreme trimmer rack which is awesome.
    Being a 1 man show I like to keep everything organized and secure. Most of the customers I have own upscale homes so I like to keep a professional appearance. Still have some work to do on the new trailer but with lots of snow on the ground here I still have plenty of time.

For my tow vehicle I will be using my trusty old Avalanche, this has been a great truck for me and has never let me down. What I like about this truck is the box is easily locked and my tools are out of site and secure. I realize it's not a heavy duty truck but if you are only cutting grass and hauling mulch from time to time it does the job.

Greenstripes Property Maintenance

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

dam nice truck for landscaping
  3. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

Your trailer setup looks sickk. How do you like the Xtreme racks so far?
  4. dsittler

dsittler LawnSite Member

The Extreme rack just arrived today and I just installed it on the trailer. Still need to make some final adjustments. Now I can see why they are so highly recommended, great design and almost impossible for thieves to take your stuff. Instead of mounting it to the top rail I used the enclosed trailer mounts and bolted it right to the side of my trailer, it's rock solid now!

5. onlythebest

onlythebest LawnSite Senior Member

Nice set up!
    And what part of Ontario are you from?
  6. dsittler

dsittler LawnSite Member

Just outside of the Kitchener/Waterloo area in a small town called St Clements.

7. WOW

WOW LawnSite Member

spray the wheels on your trailer black.
  8. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

Im not even going to lie.....that would look so dumb. It looks sick with the white rims
  9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I usually don't like Avalanches but that truck is sick.