New Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grasssin, Mar 24, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Finally got a my new trailer, I tell you what if I did not find this site last July or whenever I joined I dont know what I would do.

The advice from everyone (excluding the landscaping forum)is always free flowing and very helpful.

Going with that I went with the majority's advice and got a 6x12 tandem axle with electric brakes. Red was my color of choice to set apart from all the black trailers around here.

The guy kind of screwed me on the price though $1400 for the actual trailer and then $200 for the Master lock, electric brake console, and setup, but it is bad a##.

Thanks guys for all the advice....if it had not been for yall I would be pulling a 5x8 wondering where I would put all my stuff...

2. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

congrats and good luck, this is a great site filled with knowledgable, professional, people.

3. Big M LawnnSnow

Big M LawnnSnow LawnSite Member

Congrats on the trailer.
    Yup theres alot of very helpfull people here,and there very knowledgeable in the business.
    I just picked up a new 81/2 x 18' Cargo express.
    Getting it lettered friday.
    I went with the silver with black trim.
    Will post a pic after it's lettered.

4. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

Congrats on the new trailer! Hope it serves you well... and post some pics when you can.

5. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

Watch out with that red paint, it will turn a pinkisk color if you dont keep care of it. Or maybe the ones i have seen turned pink from the crappy paint job.

6. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

The electric brake controllers are $90, a good lock is $10, and the labor to install the controller and set up. You didn't really get screwed.

7. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Here is the trailer:

exmark 025.jpg

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I think its a combination of crappy paint and just the red paint too . Mine lasted about 5 years and then i put a new coat of red over it during the off season to keep it looking good and rust free, pink trailers arent very manly looking lol

9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

oh btw , nice looking trailer and I have a red trailer also

10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Nice looking trailer I order a new 6.5x16 on Feb.1st it came in Thursday and when I went to pick it up it was to big for my garage.Now i'm screwed.