1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by derekseger, Mar 3, 2005.

1. derekseger

derekseger LawnSite Member

I just got a 24 ft enclosed trailer wondering if you guys had any ideas for an efficient leaf setup in my trailer. Easy loading unloading etc. Also ideas for trimmer and blower racks. Pictures if you have any Thanks!
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

are you talking about putting leaves in the trailer? If you are, why not just make a box for inside the trailer that the leaves can go into
  3. derekseger

derekseger LawnSite Member

Yes I was planning on putting them in the trailer and then getting like a Giant Vac system or something to blow them out. I don't know. Any other suggestions
  4. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a P/U, I would look for a dumper insert and mount the leaf loader on the tounge of the trailer, Have a extension made at your local sheet metal shop (removable)) Logistics wise leafs inside the trailer will probably be a nightmare, Once Leafs are blown into or even dumped into some sort of confined area, as you will drive they will pack down and just become very ominous to unload, I don't even think a blower/vac will do very well unloading.
  5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

First, I don't recommend this I'm just throwing an idea into the pile...

Get about 12 carryall barrels (landscape barrels). Stuff them with leaves and you should be able to place three side by side in the front of the trailer to the right of the door. Stack one on top of each of the three. Repeat for a second row. Be much cheaper than just buying a leaf loader to unloade a box in the trailer.

Not trying to sound harsh but they call it a leaf loader not a leaf UNloader.