New transformer from a contractor. Awesome!

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by eskerlite, Feb 9, 2008.

1. eskerlite

eskerlite LawnSite Member

You all have to be in the presence of Mike Gambinos new transformer in which he developed because no other manufacturer would do it for him. I have seen it and it is the bomb. Thats all Ill say about it now. If You are curious and want the latest greatest transformer, Get in touch with Mike G. Anyone who has been in the presence of the transformer i am talking about please tell us what You think.
    www.Gambinolighting.com
    Sean C.

2. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

Can someone send me a close up?

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

i agree sean... i have had mine for a few weeks and nothing else comes close for versatility and easy of use. I am down in lousianna this weekend visiting another contractor and he too likes it.

Price is competitve too. Eddie I posted pics before rememeber. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=211398 in a thread called transformer layout. There is very little left to be desired on this transformer. About the only foul I can think of at this point is there is no 900 and 1200w model, yet.

4. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

I gotta get me one of them and try it out. Once I do I'll tell you if it's all that. You can take that to the bank.

5. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Billy,
    After looking at the pictures again, I think I have figuired out where to mount my fuse blocks inside the tranny case. I need to get one of these things ordered. I want to display one in my show booth at the end of March.

6. pete scalia

Fuse block? Doesn't the transformer come with secondary fuses or is it like Uniques?

7. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

No, I make my own fuse blocks for each individual home run circuit.

8. pete scalia

Why do you feel this is necessary?

9. eskerlite

eskerlite LawnSite Member

The trans has secondary breakers, primary breaker and a thermal fuse. Secondary breakers and primary breaker have leds on them.
    Sean C.

10. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Sean is right. I understand Tims ideas behind fusing tho and thats a whole nother thread to be discussed.

The led indicators are great. Just dont stare into the blue secondary ones... they are bright!

The bypass controller switch is superb for when the timer and or contoller is mounted inside the home. No unplugging things to activate a trans just flip a switch and your done. The fact you can put ANYTHING inside it with no issues is a huge plus. Never before have I seen a trans so versatile.