New Trim Mower - Modified

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bigfoot, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

Here's a couple of pictures of my new 21in. Snapper Trim Mower. I replaced the rear-wheels with larger pneumatic turf tires and replaced the front wheels with commercial radial style wheels.

View attachment im000052.jpg

2. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Funky!!! Let us know how it works out...doesn't look like you used it much if at all.

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like those rear tires track too wide and will push the grass down before it is cut?????

5. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

Very Cool.

Here's my Modified Honda.

honda.jpg

6. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

That's why they call it a push mower. I never pull a push mower, cause it is not meant to cut that way.

IMHO, great modification!!!

7. Does it push a lot easier?

Dave

8. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

The 1st picture is a bit distorted due to adjusting the picture size which makes the rear wheels look wider. The 2nd picture got cut off but shows the wheels at actual size. However the rear wheels do stick out about 1/2 inch past the deck. I have only tried it in my own yard but it seems to work really well. It is really easy to push & maneuver. Plan on putting it on the trailer next week to replace the old Snapper.

9. Cooper Landscaping

Cooper Landscaping LawnSite Member

COS- I think he meant that if you are using it to mow a small area as opposed to just "trimming" with it, the 1/2" thats sticks out on the side that hasn't been mowed yet will get pushed down. Therefore when you get to the end of that row and turn around, you'll be mowing the grass that was pushed down by the tires on the previous lap. Thats the way I interpreted it at least.

-Coop

10. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Thanks. Just missed it. I don't think there is much weight to mash down the grass, but who knows?

Does it have that problem, yet? :)