New trimmer heads

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by derekarbeiter, Jul 13, 2008.

1. derekarbeiter

derekarbeiter LawnSite Member

Hi

I have a Stihl FS90R and have just purchased a new Autocut head so I didnt have to dissassemble it everytime I re-strung the unit. However after about 2 days of use I have decided to return it and buy a different head. First of all, every once in a while, I have to stop and take it apart because the string inside gets tangled. Kind of defeats the purpose of a quick head:cry:! The second day I had it, I broke a tab which fasens the head on. Out came the original head that I got with the trimmer- they say if it aint broke, dont fix it. People before have recommended the Shindaiwa Speed Feed. Is this going to be more trouble than it is worth or is this the greatest thing? Any comments on all of this?

2. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Shindaiwa Speed-Feed hands down. Others have tried, but they don't quite make the cut. Make sure you get either a Universal Speed-Feed or a regular one with a Stihl adapter kit.

3. derekarbeiter

derekarbeiter LawnSite Member

Thanks, I will look more into this. The last time I looked at the speed feed heads, I talked to a guy on the phone about it and he, not seeming to know anything of course:cry:, told me he would check into it and call me back. That never happened! I will try to find a different dealer when I look.

4. green monster

green monster LawnSite Member

The new ECHO U-Turn head works great. Try it, you'll like it.