New Trimmer Trap Walk behind Blade Blocker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CRM Lawncare, Apr 16, 2004.

1. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

Been looking for a universal chute baffle for my JD and this is the first univeral model I have found. Seems to be priced okay and installation looks pretty easy. Has anyone seen one in person before I order.

Thanks,

Charlie

2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

No but I do know that you can't use a bagger once this item is installed......at least on a Stander or a Toro

doesn't make sense to me......

Derek

3. user5953

user5953 LawnSite Member

I've heard mixed feedback about the "blade Blocker" by trimmer trap.

I wouldn't buy one from them because I dont think the company is all that reliable and reputable. Most of these "internet companies" are not great to do buisness with because they are usually small and have HORRIBLE customer service.

The idea for a swingdown baffle is great, but I dont think these guys have perfected it.

I'm thinking about making my own with a piece of steel that I can pop on and off with a couple of screws or maybe make somekind of home made "pocket" I could easily slide the piece of steel into to block the discharge shute
    (that way I wouldn't have to drive and undrive screws everytime I needed to block the chute).

I dont know what I'm goin to do yet, but I'm not goin to pay $200+ for something I could make myself.

Also...who needs a the long arm they have that you twist to open and close the chute door (what a clutter). Here's a thought BEND OVER and open or close the chute door (is it really that far).

4. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

you have to drill into the deck though. Hope you are confident with a drill

5. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

The Blade Blocker is great. I have tried a few, including the old MasterChute, and the blade blocker wins by a mile. I've had mine for 3 years now, still works great.

6. user5953

user5953 LawnSite Member

that's great! good to hear

7. user5953

user5953 LawnSite Member

reply to: totalawncare25...

Not necessarily. You can use the existing hinges that are already on the deck that the chute flap attaches to or you can drill thru the deck (last resort). Theres several ways to do it.
    I have a Hustler Super Z and it already has some threaded holes around the chute.
    All I would need to do is get a piece of steel cut to fit and drill two holes to match up with the threaded holes already on the deck.

8. totallawncare25

from TN

ON A ZTR THE DIRECTIONS STATE TO DRILL IN THE DECK ON THE BLADE BLOCKER. Im sure you could modify something but if you follow the directions that is what it states to do.. DRILL

9. user5953

user5953 LawnSite Member

ON A ZTR THE DIRECTIONS STATE TO DRILL IN THE DECK ON THE BLADE BLOCKER. Im sure you could modify something but if you follow the directions that is what it states to do.. DRILL

it's really not that hard to drill through steel if you have the right kind of drill bit.
    Either way..my thought is - why pay $200+ for something you can make yourself with a little bit of effort.

10. totallawncare25

from TN

drilling threw isnt bad its just you better make sure you dry fit it just right before you drill in the deck cause if not you are stuck with where it is mounting