New Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookie03, Mar 30, 2005.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

I tested the Kawasaki 27A today. I must say that I liked it a lot better than the stihl trimmers I've been using. It was lighter, weight was better distributed, engine ran more quiet, and it had almost no vibration at full throttle. After finding out how much better the Kawasaki felt than the Stihl. I might just check out some other brands. Who has the best trimmer with the least amount of vibration?

Thanks!

2. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Anyone have the smoothest running trimmer out on the market?

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Redmax BCZ2600S that is pretty smooth.

4. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Thanks for the post. I'm going this weekend to look at some Redmax equipment. I'll keep the trimmer in mind.

5. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure you run a double line instead of a single line on the trimmer head, that will help with vibration tremendously. (I know, seems like common sense, but I had 1 guy work for me that always wound a single line no matter how many times I taught him the correct way).

That said, I am very happy with my Shindaiwa trimmers.

Kevin

6. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

You like the trimmers? I'm picking up two as well as the straight shaft edger.

7. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I have ran a XT140 (27A) for the last 5 seasons, never lets me down I think it has to have 500+ hours on it

8. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

REDMAX!!!!!!!! You won't be dissapointed.

9. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Thanks again for the posts! I just picked up a Redmax BCZ2600S and Redmax EBZ8000. Got 'em both running and I'm very pleased with the purchase. A lot better than my Stihl Equipment.