New truck, and it's a F-O-R-D

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Randy J, Jan 3, 2003.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Not a bad looking truck. Those type of beds are so handy. you can do so many things with them.

2. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

:D :D
    Randy I will take that as a compliment.

3. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

As well you should Paul, that's how it was intended.

Yeah mdb, the flat bed/stake bed is what I was really looking for. I'm going to spend about $2500 and make the bed dump, and I'll have me a good work truck.

Randy

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Thats a good looking work truck.

5. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Bob. I really wanted something that would look good pulling up in front of a customers home, as well as function well. I think this truck will do that.

Now you want to know what's ironic? I'm now driving a Ford, and Brickman's driving a Dodge:laugh:

Randy

6. Brickman

Make no mistake Paul still has a F 250 sitting in his drive way.

At the entrance to my place it says PSD only. All others will be drove off a cliff. Enter at your own risk. So when I have to drive a One Stop Auto Hauling Dodge home, it will park out on the street. :D :D

OK so it doesn't really say that out by the street, but it would be cool if it did. :D :D :drinkup:

7. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Randy has come this far....:D
    Now we need to talk him into a few mods for the PSD to give it some bite.
    :D
    He'll hate us by the time he is done. ($$$$ later)
    He'll really love the PSD tho. ;) :cool: :D

8. Brickman

:D :D

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Well driving somebody elses truck must be nice you can drive the s*** out of it and you don't have to pay for the repairs as for the comfort of the Dodge go to a heavy truck shop and get them to install a Eldorado air ride seat. If you boss complains tell him either buy you a brandnew F-550 to drive or pay for the new seat you don't want tobe uncomfortable you could always sue the Dailmer corporation for their cheap seats screwing up your back :D

I think Randy finally come to his senses that Ford makes a better work truck and thats why he bought one I bet when he looked at the Dodge 3500 and seen how wimpy the frame and suspension looks it was a no brainer the Ford was better :laugh:

If you are gonna make the deck dump make sure you put a full subframe under it and if you don't mind having a doghouse in the head ache rack use a telescoping post hoist. If not you can use a scissor hoist but they don't lift that much plus you have all that extra weight of the scissor frame.

I would also use a PTO operated hydraulic system you will be farther ahead those 12volt systems are a real battery killer to do a 12v hydraulic system properly you run a dedicated battery.

The post hoist on my previous truck would dump 9000lbs of gravel like nothing it would probably bend the frame before it would power out. I also had a muncie pto and shaft driven hydraulic pump I could deliver gravel all day long and never had any problems.