1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New truck, another "help with lettering thread"

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by alldayrj, Feb 22, 2013.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Picked this guy up a couple months ago. the lettering was painted on so thankfully I have a family member who owns a car wash and detailing business, it took oven cleaner to get it off.
    here she is in all her glory
    [​IMG]
    massive tool box, fold down sides, DT466 with allison auto and 80k miles
    [​IMG]
    in the shop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    starting
    [​IMG]
    Finito
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NOW, here's the preliminary layout. I have a great vinyl guy that does the full color printing etc. I was going to wrap it but I think this is a little cleaner and the paint came out great.

shoot me some feedback. I may add some more services, i dont want to put them on the dump body because it takes a beating and gets painted every couple years. Also due to the vent on the drivers side hood, I think the phone number has to come below the logo on the cab doors. I dont want to get cluttered but I'm torn trying to get the point across

FIRE AWAY!

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

That is a sweet truck. I agree the phone # needs to be more prominent
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I like it as-is. And I'm picky.

4. alldayrj

I appreciate it guys. I know Krazy knows a thing about vinyl decals lol

I'm torn on the website vs. phone number. maybe I will put the phone number on the cab visor as well. Some people are phone people, some are website people. so I want to draw them both in

5. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm still convinced that people do not say "OH, look there's a landscape company! Let me call the number on their truck!"

Same for crew t-shirts... People approach you, then you talk, or they look things up online. BUT, this is an entire other issue and only my opinion. I'll wait for the dozen or so guy who'll now tell me how many dozens of ladies wrote their company number down off their shirt in the grocery line.

NICE truck! And that's what matters! Good luck with it!

6. alldayrj

I agree, but something in me won't let it go, its the "what if"

shout out to Tom G, ETWman, and tthomas, I saw their operations and it just make sense. Wish I had a hook lift, but theres always a next truck. thanks for putting up with my questions and posting pics of the rigs

7. CL&T

CL&T LawnSite Senior Member

Not liking the RJFalcone.com you have vertically on the front of the dump body. I think what you have on the back is perfect. Duplicate it on the doors. What you have on the storage box door is good.

8. alldayrj

Should i drop the font size down a size or two?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Your web address needs to be more prominent IMO. Vertically on the bulkhead of the dump body is very hard to read going down the road.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. alldayrj

Maybe put it above the dot and gvwr on the bottom of the toolbox?
    Posted via Mobile Device