new truck do you letter it

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by smarino21, Oct 16, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

i am getting a new truck that i will drive, i am not usually on any of the jobs but my question is do you guys letter the trucks that arent really on the job ?
  2. climber

climber LawnSite Member

Yes!!! Its free advertising any time. Unless you dont want people to see it then get magnets and you can put them on and take them off at will.

3. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do...doesnt have to be anything fancy. Some window graphics is all I have on my truck.
  4. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Yes, I would; like said above if you don't want to be seen somewhere get magnets.
  5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i think magnets are cheap so our nice trucks are lettered but an old truck of ours has magnets
  6. sunray

sunray LawnSite Member

I think a lettered truck shows pride and professionalism in your business.
    And great exposer for very little money.
  7. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

i would get mags...yea letterin gets seen but so do mags...seen when u want them to not all the time
  8. MowJoeLandscaping

MowJoeLandscaping LawnSite Member

I would letter mine. I used to use magnet, but i left them on for an extended time and the paint got screwed up. At least with the decals a heat gun and some adhesive remover and there gone. just my 2 cents
  9. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are going to go vinyl lettering, het a really nice rear window graphic is something like a chrome color that really stick out and still looks good. Nothing too big, maybe just 1/3 of the rear window or smaller.
  10. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Letter it up. No mags. Unless you run an ad 52 weeks a year in the local paper and have a big add in the phone book your truck is 90% of your advertising. A good looking truck lettered up will get the calls faster than an old junker with the tail pipe falling off with a magnet on it.