new truck finaly

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joshua, Jul 2, 2001.

1. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i finaly had to go out and get a new truck, (about time). i bought a 97f-150 4x4, fully loaded, its very nice almost perfect condition, just 2 little dents that you can hardly see and little sratches that won't take much to get fixed. i traded my old truck in 85 chevy, lucky me i did, i get the truck to the dealership and we're taking off the liceance plate and we smelt gas and look under the truck and the gas tank is starting to leak, plus all the oil its burning now. well its their problem now, thats what they get for only wanting to give me $500 for a truck that was worth 1k, oh yea, i took out my 12 disc c/d changer, tape deck, and speakers, they didn't even want them until i got home, well lets just say they're not gunna get them. can't waiit to get a plow for it in the winter , and have the company logo put down the side of the truck. :blob3:
  2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Well that is not exactly NEW, but new to you. Glad to see you stuck with a Ford.
  3. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

Congrads, but a plow on a 150? I'd think about that. Good luck, Russ
  4. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

I'm with Grassman on this one....
  5. walkbehind48

walkbehind48 LawnSite Member

Which engine, the 4.2, 4.6 or 5.4????
  6. 13yearoldcutter

13yearoldcutter Guest

Chevys rule in my opinion, even though I cant drive one yet. You should of got a silvorado but I guess a 150 is alright.
  7. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree on not plowing with the 150.You can't put that heavy of a plow on and it would really only be good for small drives.But good luck with it sounds like a nice truck.
  8. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, i wouldnt worry too much about plowing with a 150, as long as you have at LEAST the 4.6, preferably the 5.4, with its added torque. I just bought a truck today too, a 94 150, with the 5.0. 4X2!!!! Just for the summer work, towing, mulch, etc.. Because I already have a 3/4 ton 4X4. It has 70,000 miles, and was only 2 grand. Of course, it needs 4 tires and an alignment, but hey, whos counting. Congrats on the purchase, and dont be afraid to plow, as long as you arent plowing parking lots.
  9. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

its a 4.6, but i'm gunna get a power chip, and some other stuff to get it all the power i'll need and more. i'll spend about 1k on it in the next year to get it where i want, but the power chip will come 1st.
    about plowing, the most snow we get at 1 time is 4 inches. and it isn't the heavy stuff. i've seen guys in my area plow with rangers and little stuff like that, i'm not worried, but thats for the advice.

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Hope you have leaf spring in the front. Coils will
    break eventually. Make sure you have a tranny cooler.
    I drove an '89 FORD for 3 years. I felt like such a
    loser when I pulled up beside a shiny 3/4 ton w/ a
    plow set up. You know the type. Sitting up high, talking
    on the cell phone. Now I'm there.I don't feel too much
    different, but it is the other guy's(or customers view)
    isn't it?