New truck lettering what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by AdvLandscapeLLC, Jun 7, 2013.

1. AdvLandscapeLLC

AdvLandscapeLLC LawnSite Senior Member

So i'm in the design process with sign a rama of getting my truck lettered up what does everyone think? any suggestions, i'm already having them change two things. The tailgate logo needs to be bigger and i'm having landscaping on the service list changed to snow & ice management.
    here are the pics

null_zps67c28b68.jpg

null_zps23967ff4.jpg

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Everything needs to be way bigger.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

I a 53 years old and my eyes are going, just like many of your potential customers. Make the phone number and web address bigger. If you don't, I won't call.

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

X3. I'm also a fan of centering the services so it looks a little softer than a paragraph of bullets
    I would also capitalize the web address. Makes it look less like a run on sentence. Also it says tree care in your logo, not necessary on the services

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Honestly, I don't see the point of listing the services when your business logo already covers them. Just my two cents

6. AdvLandscapeLLC

AdvLandscapeLLC LawnSite Senior Member

ya i've been considering taking the rear door lettering off the truck, and for the tailgate having it just say

Lawn Maintenance
    Excavation
    Snow & Ice Management
    Commercial & Residential

and having the web address read like this www.AdvancedLandscapeCT.com

7. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

That's the way to do it. Sometimes I even leave the www off, most people know how to work the internets

8. Triton2286

Triton2286 LawnSite Member

RJ, Some kids our age don't even know what URL means lol.

I agree with either capitalizing the entire web address or just the first letter of each word.

I would make the door logo as big a possible and put the phone number in the tan part so you have plenty of room to make both really big.

9. magicmike

magicmike LawnSite Senior Member

Well in my opinion your logo layout makes you very limited on how big you can go with the logo, and still look good. But you should go as big as you can on the doors I would put the phone number (bigger) under the indented part, or take away the services you provide and put the phone number and website on the rear door.

Another option would be to put ADVANCED LANDSCAPE on one line and SERVICES below it then resize the diamond and the rest of the logo so it is longer instead of taller, then center the logo between both doors and put your phone number in a font size of at least 4" centered on the logo below the indent on the lower part of the door.

Good luck, lets see some pics when its finalized

10. JimMarshall

JimMarshall LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW PA

Double the size of the logo, phone number in 4 inch white letters on the bottom of the door in the sand colored area. Double the font size on the web address too.