new truck lettering

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JB926, May 27, 2008.

1. JB926

JB926 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

i havent even had a second to breath I've been so busy. I put a new truck on the road march 20th and still havent gotten a chance to get it lettered. I feel like a scrub driving around under cover. just needed to vent thanks. How much should I expect to pay for a 3500 quad cab all lettered up?

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Damn, guess I'm a scrub. 4 trucks, no lettering. :)

Part of it is we get contracted out by two larger companies. other part is I don't want every Tom, Dick, and Mike Leary calling us for work. :laugh: I hardly advertise at all.

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

HAAHHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

thats pure Jerry gold!

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Your worst nightmare! I never had markers, either.

5. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

trucks all lettered up are asking for trouble.been in business since 1971 and had lettering on all trucks at one time.took them all off after getting 95% bulls**t calls.that was about 3 weeks.haven't had any since

6. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't get the current truck lettered up. I did get magnetic signs for it; they're sitting in my garage. The way I look at it, if I put signage on, people will call me, and all I'm going to do is tell them to go away, so no real point in it right now. My season was booked last fall, so no need for more work....

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Kind of the same for me right now. Today alone I had over 12 new people that I sent away, booked out over 2.5 weeks, or sent to Tom Tom. My existing customers have been getting the shaft this year, so I am now putting new customers at least 2.5 weeks out. Usually scares them off anyway. :)

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Magnetic signs can be useful, since I sometimes use limited-access highways that commercial vehicles are not supposed to travel on. Peel off the signs, and drive in Stealth Mode.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Plus, when you run the yellow or red, no signs to have someone turn you in.

10. Have to admit I have signs on my truck. ::::::SO EMBARRASSED::::: I feel people need to see you around town and they can look out the window and know who it is. Also I believe code around here requires business advertising on vehicles. I know they require LI #