new truck, maybe?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobbyg18, Apr 1, 2008.

1. bobbyg18

bobbyg18 LawnSite Member

im looking at this one tomorow...what do you guys think?

1995 INTERNATIONAL 4700, DT466 dsl, Allison Auto, a/c, 25500 GVW, No CDL, 100K mi, 3 yr old 10' dump w/shoot, pintle plate setup, just insp ready to work, $15900,
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Looks very clean
  3. GroundEffects125

GroundEffects125 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice...
  4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

check the brakes, brake drums, check under the fact, take it for a drive down to a truck mechanic and have them go through it. any leaks of any kind? what size motor? what are you gonna use this for? electrical to the back? does it have a pintle hitch on the rear end? when was the last time it had an overhead? (they are important on a dt466). $15 k for one of those is about going rate, maybe 2-4k high, maybe not depending on the condition. for real light work they are ok, for anything medium to heavy they are gutless.......I know, I have a 97-98 with a 250 hp motor that I put in two years ago that either sucked a valve or ate some injectors advise I could give you is take it to a mechanic and have them run through it and then bargain on the price.
  5. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a nice truck just make sure it's not a Dupont overhaul
  6. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

They range from 10k too 15 k here.

That truck looks nice in the pics.

With the auto check engine power as well.Some of those trucks had the low hp engine and were dogs.
  7. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

check the gearing in the rear end. it may tell you a bit about how it will tow. also, keep in mind as soon as you hook your skid steer trailer up to it you will need a cdl. what is the HP? which allison? if that is a 466E will the tranny handle any elctronic tunes for more HP? it looks clean i would be curious what it was before it became a dump.
    good luck
  8. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

bobbyg.......if you are going to look at the truck, get the last 8 vin numbers and write them down. you can call international and they will fax you a complete history and spec sheet on that truck. it will give you everything from rear end ratio, horse power....what the truck origionally was.....yada yada. that truck has been repainted for front bumpers are not stock grey in color, the hood cowling is missing the international symbol in the front, the rims have been word is "careful", cause that is full retail price on that rig.
  9. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

And get the serial # from the door jamb, and not the door. The doors are often changed when they get bad. If it only has 100,000 on it, I think everything should be in good shape. But why does it look like a repaint with the low miles?
  10. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

we have an Int. with the old natural powerstroke diesel in it...the thing just runs and runs. It has a 5 speed Spicer in it. Besides for the dog of an engine those 4000 series trucks are really great trucks, we have never had a problem with ours (knock on wood) ecept for the oil pan bolts coming loose