New truck needed for towing 3500 lbs

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jkilov, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Why not, they tried it with the 6.0 and 6.4 powerjokes........

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You really want to argue facts? They did not put ecoboosts in F150's until 2011. If you really want to roll the dice get the turbo model. Hang out in the F150 forum and read what the concensus is.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Patriot Services

The Colorado is a midsize and has 2 inline 5 cylinder options for 2012. 3500lbs can be towed and stopped just fine with a midsize. We are talking your typical 5X8 trailer here. A 2500 is just more gas down the hole. You won't find a 8ft bed on anything less than a fullsize though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  4. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

I will will argue the facts because I said nothing about the Ecoboost in the F150, in the quote above is what I said^^^. The Ecoboost Launched in the MKS and Ford SHO in 2010. You can also take a look at the Volvo S60 concept in 2008 with a GTDi engine and guess what it is? Remember a few names like twin force and Cyclone engines?? I will argue the facts all day.

5. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you know who built the Ford 6.0 and 6.4?

6. Patriot Services

You want to argue semantics. A modified car engine is absolutely no indication how it will hold up in a much heavier platform under high stress conditions. 2010 is still only 2 years of history under completely unrelated conditions.:usflag:

Still waiting for you to go to the F150 forum ans tell me what users are saying about the Ecoboost in the F150.

7. Patriot Services

Still went under the hood of a Ford. Everybody knows they were rushed into production with the plan to iron out the kinks under warranty. Turned out kinkier than they ever imagined.:usflag:

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Uh, Caterpillar, right?

No, no, I heard Ford was going to use Cummings.

Or was it Detroit?

I don't care, they were sold with a blue oval on the front and Ford had to play the HP game to compete with GM and Chrysler which caused a lot of the problems. Give me torque, not HP for work trucks. Which is what a 450\550 are.

Ain't that the truth.

9. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll have to read all of this later. I've got grass to cut.

10. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

You should be able to get an F150 XL regular cab 8' with the 3.7 V6 for $20-22k as long as you don't get it too optioned. Personally, I'd get 3.73 LS, decor group and power equipment group.