1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New truck question

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Husky05, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

Hello everyone, I just bought a new 4500 chevy kodiak 2009 dump truck it was left over. It is a nice truck but I got a question that maybe someone could help me with. There is only 2 seats in it, it doesnt have a middle seat instead of the middle seat though there is this metal contrapation on the floor. There is this cylinder shaped mechinism that you can turn and apparently there is a hole on the bottom of that falls into this box/safe looking thing. What is that and what is it used for?

2. Deori

Deori LawnSite Member

Hey Husky, don't know where you got it, but it sounds like maybe it's a lock box for cash from the prior owners.

3. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

I have no idea its kinda annoying that it is there. I guess it could be a lock box but there is no way of locking it. It looks like something that would be on a submarine. I want to look into just taking it out and talking to GM if I can just buy the middle seat for that truck.

Thanks

4. Mow4It

Mow4It LawnSite Member

Can you post up a pic?