Lawn Care Forum banner

New Truck Tires and pics of the setup

4K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  jww2008 
#1 ·
I purchased 4 new BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA KO, E rated tires from a dealer in Nashua, NH yesterday. Cost $209 and some change per tire including istallation and balancing. Well worth the money i think a will be a killer this winter plowing. All got stainless steel bolt valves which were 6.50 each. :cool2: Now the truck needs a wash...

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

See less See more
#3 ·
I run them on my F-250. Great tire. I get 60K miles out of them.

#4 ·
Tire size is LT265/75R16E. I wanted to go larger like the 285's but these were hard enough to find and figured there isn't a huge size difference and they cost enough.

#6 ·
Nice tires. I would like to get a set of all terrians when I need new tires on my truck.

#9 ·
They're great tires. Just make sure you keep the pressure correct and rotate them often.....thats the only way you can get more than 25k out of them.
Thanks for the advice.

They will go through any snow, but I will not run them in the summer anymore, they just wear too fast.
Yeah, i was thinking maybe i should have kept the old tires for summer. I see how these hold up. Do you remember how many miles you got out of yours and what truck they were on?

#10 ·
They are great tires. Truck looks great. I have same tires and size on my silverado. First year I bought them I kept them on year round. I then found standard wheels[tires and rims] for my silverado for $500 bucks. I now just use the bfg's for winter. Better gas mileage and they will last longer also not being used year round.

#13 ·
What year is that Walker? Looks like an old rebuild cuz it has the oldschool steering levers but it's in such good shape. Usually I can tell from the muffler styles too but no pic
Its a 1998, Has a newer 20hp Kohler and the older style steering levers and stainless steel muffler. Almost everything else is like the newer machines and its in nice shape too.

#16 ·
you'll love the tires...i do...i think 800 is a little steep, i paid 550 for mine out the door, but then again mine are a little smaller and not load range E...enjoy
Yeah once you get to this size of a tire and load range E the price really climbs. The price included mounting and balancing.

You can easily get 50k or more out of those tires if you keep them rotated and aired up as said before. My truck had 60k on the original all terrains before I went to the mud terrains (Dont get me started on my first set of mud tires)

Your truck looks really nice!
I will do my best to take care of them and get the most out of them. Thanks, and that truck has 146K on it.

#17 ·
I keep 50 PSI in mine. Drop it down to 40 in the snow. I got around 60K miles on my first set. These are my second set. I have 145,000 miles on my 2001 F-250 Superduty Diesel. The orginal Firestones only lasted about 45,000. 1st set of KO's got me thru 110,000.

I got mine at sears and they rotate them for me free. I rotate them every 15,000 miles.

#18 ·
I keep 50 PSI in mine. Drop it down to 40 in the snow. I got around 60K miles on my first set. These are my second set. I have 145,000 miles on my 2001 F-250 Superduty Diesel. The orginal Firestones only lasted about 45,000. 1st set of KO's got me thru 110,000.

I got mine at sears and they rotate them for me free. I rotate them every 15,000 miles.
Thanks for all the info. thats helpful and you got a very similar truck with almost the same mileage too.

#20 ·
I noticed you had exhaust on your truck can we get some details on?
Its a dual exaust with a flowmaster installed by Lou's Custom Exaust which is an outfit in my area. That's all i really know about it. Its a little louder than stock but has a nice tone i think, without being obnoxious. Seems to give a truck a little more power. I didn't put it on but I like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.