NEW TRUCK! (to me)

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by speedyvision917, Jun 15, 2005.

1. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 LawnSite Member

Picked it up yesterday, its a 1995 Chevy 3/4 ton Cheyenne, 4x4, 350, automatic. Im happy with it, only thing is it needs a hitch. Hopefully the pics will work...

Drivers F corner.jpg

Drivers R corner.jpg

Front.jpg

Side View.jpg

2. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

That light looks like it'll come in handy when plowing near edges. Nice truck.

3. speedyvision917

Ya, only problem is it doesnt work, along with the top lights. Im going to try to figure it out tomorrow. Theres a switch on the dash for cargo lamp that doesnt do anything along with this cable that comes from underneath the dash with a switch attached to it, not sure what that goes to either. The cargo lamp switch i assume goes to the lights on top. Would missing one of those lights cause them not to work?

Im going to try replacing the spot light with a new bulb see if that works if not any ideas? Also ill get another cargo light bulb and orange cover, any ideas if that doesnt work?

4. The Good Earth

The Good Earth LawnSite Member

Check all of your grounds. That sounds more than likely to be a ground problem. Sounds as if a couple of wires have been spliced. No big deal. Just tracking down the problem. On my '88 R-30 when the interior light quits working it is because I have blown the fuse to the ignition. But the ignition still works. Figure that one out. :)

That is a nice truck. I would take that in a minute. While you are putting on the hitch add air bags to the rear. You will never regret it. The other day I had my hydroseeder hooked to my K1500. It was full with 900 gallons of slurry. I had 75 pounds in my bags and the rear end didn't have one bit of squat in it. Pulling it was a whole other story, but it looked good just sitting!

5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like it will definetly make a good work truck. Good luck with it.

6. speedyvision917

How much are air bags and how difficult are they too install? Hadnt thought of doing that ill look into it.

As far as the lights go, im going to try and trace the wire for the spot light back and see if theres a problem there, check the fuses and then the bulb. For the cargo lights i have to get a new one anyways becase the farthest over on the drivers side is broke, bulb and cover so i think thats what might have screwed them up. Replace that first see if they work if not then try to find out where the wires come in and follow them to see if theres a problem, along with checking the fuse or just replaceing it.

Also goodearth im not surprised about the ignition still working while the interior lights didnt. On my sisters old buick the interior lights werent working which ran off the same fuse as the brake lights (i think) and they still worked, i figured i might as well change that one and it ended up fixing the lights.

7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

nice truck. where in conn. are you?

8. speedyvision917

Granby/Simsbury area. What about you?

9. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Nice Truck!!!!

10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I live in Redding. I work all over-Danbury, Bethel, New Milford, Sherman...etc.