1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Lux Lawn, May 1, 2005.

1. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Well I have never been a Ford man but I was in the need for a new truck and found this one sitting on the lot...I watched it for a while and decided to check it out.It came with an 8 foot Myers and a new pump.

2. Lux Lawn

3. Lux Lawn

Another one with all four doors open...A nice option to have with the ext cab.

4. Grass Cake

Grass Cake LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone C

I'm a newbie here....but this post must morph into a Ford vs Chevy thread!

Nice truck! :cool:
  5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Plow a bonus. What did they get you for?
  6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Nice.. what year? and how much if u don't mind me asking..
  7. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Nice truck Larry, my brother in law has one just like that. Is it a diesel? can't see the door too well.

I'm a chevy guy, always have been, race chevys and all but never cared for a ford, then i saw my truck, 96 f250 with powerstroke got it super cheap and have no complaints, you should like the truck, chevy and ford build killer trucks.
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Good deal there Larry...and the best of luck with it too :D
  9. Lux Lawn

KC2006--Not a diesel...Thanks for the compliment on the truck.

Its a 2002 and has 35,000 miles on it loaded with everything but leather.The story behind the truck is the dealership took it in on trade in the fall last year and sold it in the winter...Just like everybody else the guy that bought it thought it would be easy to start a plow business...well the repo man got him so the dealer buys it back at the auction because its still winter and they know the history of the truck.So some time in late Feb. the truck comes back to the lot priced at like $23,995 or $24,995.The guy must have known he was about to lose it because he switched the pump's and put something on it that leaked and would barely even lift the plow.so the put a new one on and it sat there for a while and I pick it up for $21,500.
  10. Willoscape

Willoscape LawnSite Member

That looks just like a truck i saw sitting at a dealership in willoughby hills? Did you get it there ? Nice truck any way good luck!