New Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by EarthTech Landscapes, Feb 27, 2001.

1. EarthTech Landscapes

EarthTech Landscapes LawnSite Member

Guys just got my new Durmax Chevy. I'm very impressed. This is one awesome pulling truck. I have had it since last thurs, and have 1040 miles on it. it sure makes the ford look like a piece of crap. i had a 99 lariat powerstroke 4x4, that went through 4 trannys in 62,000 miles. Anyways if anyone is thinking of a new truck take the new 2500hd chev with the Durmax diesel for a spin. Also the Allision auto is great to.

2. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

Got one about a month ago and I love it too. I have a LS ext. cab. 4x4. What options did you get? This truck has so much power and its fast too. Check out the thread in the snow plow forum (Drove the new Duramax today). I have had so many people come up to me and ask me how I like it. There are not any of them around here and everyone has heard of them. Last night I was at Best Buys getting out of my truck and some guy was just standing there looking at me, I was like WHAT? and he said "How do you like that?" and I said "oh the truck"......

3. plowjockey

plowjockey LawnSite Senior Member

J Rodgers

Now you know how rock stars feel. LOL

Bruce

4. EarthTech Landscapes

EarthTech Landscapes LawnSite Member

jrodgers it's the LT version fully loaded 4x4, extended cab long box. I also had a custom cabgaurd built by Pro-tech for it. it sure does have amazing power. Hey what kind of fuel milage are you getting with yours. I also have a custom built fuel tank for the bed being made.

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I drove one a few weeks ago. I loved it. I'll probably order one in the fall. I'm entitled to a GM discount(they won't discount the Duramax engine itself). On another forum, a fellow with a Duramax was getting 17.8 mpg.

6. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm waiting for the hd's to come out then that will be the truck to buy.

7. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

Yeah that is probably what mine get about 17 mpg. Hey cat320 the hd's are out thats what this is 2500hd. I want to get some running boards or something and a bedliner also. What did you mean cabguard what does that do and is the gas tank in the bed an aux. gas tank or one for machinery? Mine is also a long bed . EarthTech How much did you pay for yours?....are you going to plow with it?....

8. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

I mean the 15K gvw HD's

9. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

Wont be 2001 they are the same as last year with the 6.5s.....

10. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Yeah we know that, that is why we are waiting till 2002-03 for the 15K+ with 4x4.
    Dino