1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Truck!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GravelyGuy, Sep 5, 2007.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Hey guys, I'm not trying to start World War III like my last thread about Toyota, but here are some pictures in case anyone is interested. I just picked it up today:drinkup:

This is the best truck I have ever driven. I will put it to work tommorow and post some more pics with my trailer hooked up to it.

If you have any question, or you want pics of anything then just let me know.:weightlifter:

The paint job is sweet up close.

TUNDRA 008.jpg

TUNDRA 007.jpg

TUNDRA 006.jpg

TUNDRA 009.jpg

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

It say it doesn't matter who makes it as long as it works.
  3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i love that truck. to me it doesn't matrter where it's origins are from, just htat its' made so dam well. good luck, and i know you'll love thqat truck.
  4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

5.7 liter? Roughly the same displacement as a chevrolet 350 engine. Interesting.
  5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

you made a wise choice !
  6. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

I would be interested in one if it came in diesel. but the emissions standards are going I may just stay away form new diesels because GM says that the cost of the new emissions equipment will make new diesels cost more and diesel will start getting less mpgs which I hope is not true. I really like diesels they produce an great amount of torque at a low level of rpms which makes them great pullers even at stock.
    plz EPA don’t screw with are diesels:(

see this link which has a video about new diesels in cars

7. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Junk it!!!!Hope it lets you down..
  8. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I test drove the new 6.6 Duramax and the 6.4 PS. The 6.4 is supposed to get 10 MPG average and yes, the new emmisions crap has robbed power and fuel economy.

Let me just put it this way, I could have drove home in anything I wanted gas or diesel 1/2 ton or 3/4 and I picked the Tundra.

I will be the first to complain if it gives me any trouble. It is raining here right now so I am just waiting:cry:
  9. WhitakerServices

WhitakerServices LawnSite Member

Toyota makes a tough truck, I have had a 4wd v6 pickup for about 8 years and at least 5 of those years it was pulling my equipment. I have upgraded to an f350 drw diesel and it is awesome but I will never bad mouth a toyota, as a matter of fact my wife may not like it but I am not going to sell mine. I want to get it back ready for a little trail riding. Good luck I am sure you will be pleased. Let us know what kind of mpg you get towing with it, I am curious.
  10. newdude

newdude LawnSite Member

also similar to the 5.7 hemi and the 4.7 iforce is similar to the 4.7 magnum.