New truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by muddstopper, Nov 19, 2007.

1. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

Well, I finally had it with my Chevy dealer. I bought a 2005/ 4500 duramaxAllison, new in 2005. We put 14800 miles on it and I was happy, but had been thinking about tradeing it for a 4x4 4500, UNTIL! I had a warranty issue. A tranny line started to leak, my dealer didnt want to work on the truck. He wanted me to take it to another dealer about 75 miles away. It took a quite a bit of argueing to get the problem fixed, but they finally ordered the line and installed it. Had the truck back for a week and my guys said it was still leaking fluid. I went to check it out and it was an axle seal, called dealer and they refused to work on it, again! I have bought 7 new vehicles from this dealer, but enough is enough, I am now the proud owner of a 2008 F450 4x4 Super Duty Ford. Its in the shop having a bed put on it and I should have it back by this weekend. I plan on driving it onto the chevy lot and letting the manager take a look at what he could have sold me if he hadnt of been a total asswipe.

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

pics to come right??

3. Welcome to the other side, ENJOY. :clapping: :clapping:

4. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

Pics when I get the truck back. I picked it up at the dealer and took it straight to the shop to have a new bed built. My workers havent even seen it yet! One did ask me today where HIS new truck was??:laugh:

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

brands mean nothing without dealer support...im glad you got what you wanted hopefully ford will keep it working for you

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

congrats!!!!!

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Drool...:)

8. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Mudd,how can a dealer refuse to work on a truck? I would have gone to the main office and spoken to someone about that.

Anyway,other than the axle leak,how did you like the C4500 truck?I am thinking of buying one.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck with the new truck! Can't wait to see some pics!

10. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

yeh get some pics up fast!! congrats fella!