New Truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JustaGlimpseLandscapeMntc, Mar 14, 2009.

1. I've been working with friends for the past few years, but their lack of quality has been driving me crazy, so I decided to take over this year. We used my buddy's truck, so I decided to look for a truck on my own. Ended up driving to VT, but got a pretty good deal. 2000 Chevy 3500 Crew Cab Dually, 7.4L (290 HP, 410 Ft/Lbs.), 4.10 rear (definitely built for towing), 80,000 miles. Wasn't quite looking for such a big truck, but one of my buddies talked me into it. Going to pick it up Wednesday or Friday. Pretty excited, except for paying for the gas, expecting about 8-10 MPG from what I've read.

If anyone's in the market for a truck in or around the southern VT area, I'd definitely recommend Mark's Motors in Brattleboro. They're a wholesale dealer that sells to retail dealers, but they also do some retail sales at some nice discounts.

truck.jpg

truck2.jpg

truck3.jpg

truck4.jpg

2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a good truck, good luck with it. Be sure to get some interior pictures as well!

3. Here's one from the back seat, much better than my buddy's extended cab Colorado, used to hate when it was my turn to sit in the back haha...of course, the one that owned the truck was the smallest of all of us, usually how it works.

truck5.jpg

4. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

you stole a truck from my state... 8-10 if your lucky :dizzy: I get about 5 or 6 winter 6 or 7 summer with my V10.. towing/plowing about 4 to 5

5. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

Whatd ya pay for it?

6. $8,500, NADA of $11,500...the benefits of buying from a wholesale dealer...they sell lower because the retail dealer does all the detailing and such. a couple small paint scratches to touch up and gotta replace the seal on the rear window, roll in a bed liner and spray some undercoating before next winter (underbody's virtually rust free surprisingly), but they're replacing a door handle and a side mirror and threw on all new tires...can't complain. been shopping around for a while, trying to stay below $10k, just takes a little patience. drove a '98 w/o the dually and ended up running outta gas on a main city road because the gas gauge didnt work...needless to say, i didn't buy from that dealer.

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I wouldnt expect 8-10 out of it. Great looking truck tho! hate to say but the price sounds a bit high to me.

8. I've been searching for months, finding a truck around here with less than 100k for a reasonable price is a project and a half, so I'm pretty content with it. The same dealer was trying to sell a truck (gas) with 177k on it for $5k, another wanted $8k for one with 176k, Chevy's apparently hold their value pretty well, as the one for $8k was priced under the NADA value. Every time I found one reasonably priced, it was gone within a day or two.

You have to consider the cost of living difference between NY and TX as well, plus the rust factor up here from winters, hard to find one at a reasonable price with minimal rust.

9. Lakewlc

Lakewlc LawnSite Bronze Member

good lookin truck

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Nice truck dude!