1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New truck!!!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mowerbrad, Aug 23, 2010.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought a new truck. Its a 2007 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L, extended cab, 4x4, LT package. This truck absolutely blows my mind and far exceeds my expectations. I drove about 100 miles to get it at a dealership. Before I left on the trip back home, I filled the truck with gas, when I got home I filled it up again. With a fairly light foot and cruising at 70mph (90% highway), I was able to achieve 17.38 mpg!!!! These are hand calculated numbers too.

I absolutely love this truck!!!!!!!!

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

2. Trevor8

Trevor8 LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Looks great, a lot better than the old GMC.

3. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Just sold a 2004 chevrolet 2500 4x4 extended cab with the 6.0 litre. The 6.0 is a great engine but it does drink the fuel. I never got near 17 miles per gallon in mine. Thats why I bought a Cummins diesel. I get more than twice the miles than before. great looking truck! I hope it serves you well.:clapping:

4. Moto52

Moto52 LawnSite Member

Awesome glad you finally bought something, I'm sure you will like it night and day better then that old beater...

5. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

nice truck

6. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

VEry nice truck. Now throw a trailer behind it and you will be getting 10 lol sucks but thats the way it is!

7. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

I love that truck!! I wanted to buy either that or a gmc but they did not have any 2010's left with the options I wanted so i bought a ford 350. Best of luck with it!!

8. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Finally! Nice looking truck....quite an upgrade.

9. TurboMazda

TurboMazda LawnSite Member

Nice wheels.................It really drinks a lot of fuel, those duramax Isuzu engines are reliable strong and more good, the only down about them is the MPG but like someone mention, maybe in the future you could swap a Cummings engine and get double that MPG.

10. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

This truck was a tough one to find. I had to look around quite a bit and I was hoping to buy closer to home, but a 2 hour drive was not too bad. Most of the trucks like this one that I found, had already sold by the time I called the dealer. I found this one last week, test drove it on saturday and bought it this afternoon. It has 51k on it and was priced well under blue book value, so I feel like I got a pretty good deal.

It came with more options than I ever wanted (which I am finding out that I really like). And it is really good shape. I put about 10-12k on my vehicle every year, so this should last me the 10 years I'd like it to.

I didn't think I'd really like the gas engines, but I am already loving this 6.0L and its only been a day.