New truck!!!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mowerbrad, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2007 silverado 1500 extended cab with the 6.0L vortec max and on the highway i get 14mpg. I would like to know how a heavier truck gets better milage lol?

2. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

you plan on giving advice on swapping in a motor you cant even spell right?

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I was blown away when I actually determined I got 17mpg. I was going to be exstatic if I got 14mpg, but I definately didn't expect 17. My computer on the truck said I was getting 17.4 average on that tank. At first I didn't really believe it, but when I actually did the calculations it came out to 17.38 mpg.

I filled the tank when I left the dealership. I traveled 107 miles exactly by the time I pulled into the gas station near my house. I put in 6.155 gallons, which when you do the math comes out to 17.3842404549147 mpg. So my computer was right on.

I'll see what I get tomorrow when I have a little more mixed driving, probably 60% highway and 40% city.

4. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

hahaha i just pissed my self laughing....i love it and think its hilarious that people even with them in their trucks think cummins is spelled with a g..haha

5. SkinnyVinny

SkinnyVinny LawnSite Senior Member

awesome truck, congrats!! Now throw a Fisher on there!!:)

6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Wow man congrats! I had to drive about an hour to get my 03 6liter also. I get no where near 17 though I get usually 10 loaded or unloaded. I want a truck similar to yours with the duramax next year

7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

:laugh::laugh::waving:

8. TurboMazda

TurboMazda LawnSite Member

I am really sorry you don't like my English, Why would I give him advice to do an engine swap on a truck he just got? Let him enjoy his new ride and when he wishes to do the swap I'll give him any advice.
    I don't need to know perfect English to do some engine swap, I have done so many that giving advice on how to is a simple matter to me.

Besides, my translator gave me that option...................

9. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice truck, congrats on the new ride.

10. joef450snowplow

joef450snowplow LawnSite Senior Member

nice truck tobad shes not a diesel