New truck!!!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mowerbrad, Aug 23, 2010.

1. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

The Vortec Max is tuned differently, and it also has a different trans and rear axle. I have 4 2500hd's with 6.0L's two of them are the old body style which only get about 9-10 mpg and two of them are the new body style and they are getting 16-17 mpg, but as soon as you hook up a trailer to the newer ones the mileage is about the same as the old ones. Also you may drive your truck diffrently.
  2. Paul's LC

Paul's LC LawnSite Member

alright i love the truck and im gonna be the cowboy that brakes the ice... mind telling us what you paid?
  3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I know its not a diesel, I was really hoping to buy a diesel actually, but after talking with my mechanics, I just couldn't justify buying a duramax. Mainly because if something breaks on it, its a ton of money to get it fixed most of the time.

I did drive with a pretty "light foot" when I got the 17mpg's.

The price was well under blue book. It was $23995. It was GM certifed used, came with the remainder of the powertrain warranty (for another year and a half) and also came with the 12month-12,000 mile "bumper-to-bumper" warranty. I'm very happy with it. I love all the options on it too (PW, PL, PM, power folding mirrors, auto dimming rearview mirror, rear window defroster, HD trailering package, integrated trailer brake controller, driver information center, 3 months of Onstar for free, 4x4, side steps, center console, steeriing wheel mounted controls, MP3 hook-up, dual power seats, dual climate control). The only thing I have left to do is put in it is the line-x spray in bedliner.
  4. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice..i like it.
  5. mowerbrad

Well, with a little more mixed driving today I was able to get 15.5mpg....I did not tow a trailer though, more city and highway driving unloaded. I'd say I got a good 50/50 mix of city and highway today, about 100 miles worth. Again, that is with a light foot.

I'm towing tomorrow and Thursday, so I will see what I get then for mileage.

So far loving the new truck!!!!!
  6. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im a Ford guy but that is a sweet looking truck. Congrats and good luck with it.
  7. Springmeadows

Springmeadows LawnSite Senior Member

I love the red color. I wanted a red truck, but ended up getting a white crew cab 2 years ago. Still, the red is the color. I also had the 6.0 in the last truck, great motor with no trouble. My truck now has the Duramax and I love it.
  8. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

There fixed it for you.
  9. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

Now I fixed that for you! lol
  10. mowerbrad

No plow is going on this truck. Some of my friends tell me to get the boss V-XT and a back blade, but there is just no way I'm going to do that. I bought this truck to last me the next 10 years, I don't want to start plowing with it and shorten its lifespan. Plus I have already spent way too much this mower, new truck and new trailer.