1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New truck!!!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mowerbrad, Aug 23, 2010.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Those MPG numbers sound pretty good. Truck looks great! Your decision process was agonizing :laugh:

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I about drove myself crazy looking for a truck. I was so indecisive through the whole process (over the last few months). I think originally I was planning on something around an 04...I am so glad I went with an 07. I get in the truck now and it is absolutely amazing.

But going from my old truck with manual locks, windows, mirrors...to this truck is a huge step up. I've been trying to have any excuse to drive this truck, its a much nicer ride than I'm used to.

Very glad right now that I went with the 6.0L.

3. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

thats a sick truck epecially if your getting 17mpgs i get average of 10.7 in my 2500HD thats towing and non towing and mostly city driving

4. Moto52

Moto52 LawnSite Member

haha yea that was the longest decision making process I have ever seen in my life.. shoulda went for the diesel! lol

5. mowerbrad

I will admit that it took me forever to choose a truck. But I wanted to choose the right truck and not end up with something that I wasn't going to be happy with. After all, I pretty much bought my last truck just because I could get it for a good price. With this truck I actually spent more money that I really wanted to, but I got a truck that I'm more than happy with.

Don't even start about the whole diesel thing. And to think that I was almost dead set on getting diesel then come home with a gasser. :dizzy:

6. Moto52

Moto52 LawnSite Member

Yea i'm just bugging you about the diesel thing, that truck you bought will do everything you want it to. i'm just more into diesels for doing mods to them to go fast lol..

7. mowerbrad

If I were more mechanically inclined, I think a diesel would have been a nice option for me. However, I don't have the time or knowledge to do all the engine work or mods.

I towed my trailer empty today (just 5 miles from where I store it to my house) and it already tows much better than the 6.5. I'm excited to see how it tows the mower and fully loaded trailer over the next couple days.

8. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats on the new truck it looks great! I have had great luck with the Chevy 6.0L, I have four of them ranging from a 1999-2008. The 99 has 365,000 miles and its still on the original drive train. They have plenty of power for a maintenace truck, it will pull your mower just fine we tow 20' enclosed trailers behind ours with no problem.

9. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice truck, glad you were able to finally find the one that you wanted.

10. mowerbrad

Well, today was the first day that I actually towed a loaded trailer. I was very impressed with how well it towed, lots of power, smooth and good at stopping the load. The gas mileage is probably 10-11mpg though, not bad. So I should average around 13mpg each tank, which isn't too bad.

After 2 days of owning this truck, I am very pleased. Though I did find out that my tow/haul mode button doesn't work, I'll have to have that fixed (thankfully I got the GM certified warranty with this truck)