Lawn Care Forum banner

New truck!!!!

6K views 39 replies 26 participants last post by  mowerbrad 
#1 ·
Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought a new truck. Its a 2007 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L, extended cab, 4x4, LT package. This truck absolutely blows my mind and far exceeds my expectations. I drove about 100 miles to get it at a dealership. Before I left on the trip back home, I filled the truck with gas, when I got home I filled it up again. With a fairly light foot and cruising at 70mph (90% highway), I was able to achieve 17.38 mpg!!!! These are hand calculated numbers too.

I absolutely love this truck!!!!!!!!

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Automotive side marker light

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

Car Vehicle Plant Wheel Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Hood Grille

See less See more
#3 ·
Just sold a 2004 chevrolet 2500 4x4 extended cab with the 6.0 litre. The 6.0 is a great engine but it does drink the fuel. I never got near 17 miles per gallon in mine. Thats why I bought a Cummins diesel. I get more than twice the miles than before. great looking truck! I hope it serves you well.:clapping:

#5 ·
nice truck

#9 ·
Nice wheels.................It really drinks a lot of fuel, those duramax Isuzu engines are reliable strong and more good, the only down about them is the MPG but like someone mention, maybe in the future you could swap a Cummings engine and get double that MPG.

#10 ·
This truck was a tough one to find. I had to look around quite a bit and I was hoping to buy closer to home, but a 2 hour drive was not too bad. Most of the trucks like this one that I found, had already sold by the time I called the dealer. I found this one last week, test drove it on saturday and bought it this afternoon. It has 51k on it and was priced well under blue book value, so I feel like I got a pretty good deal.

It came with more options than I ever wanted (which I am finding out that I really like). And it is really good shape. I put about 10-12k on my vehicle every year, so this should last me the 10 years I'd like it to.

I didn't think I'd really like the gas engines, but I am already loving this 6.0L and its only been a day.

#12 ·
Nice wheels.................It really drinks a lot of fuel, those duramax Isuzu engines are reliable strong and more good, the only down about them is the MPG but like someone mention, maybe in the future you could swap a Cummings engine and get double that MPG.
you plan on giving advice on swapping in a motor you cant even spell right?

#13 ·
I have a 2007 silverado 1500 extended cab with the 6.0L vortec max and on the highway i get 14mpg. I would like to know how a heavier truck gets better milage lol?
I was blown away when I actually determined I got 17mpg. I was going to be exstatic if I got 14mpg, but I definately didn't expect 17. My computer on the truck said I was getting 17.4 average on that tank. At first I didn't really believe it, but when I actually did the calculations it came out to 17.38 mpg.

I filled the tank when I left the dealership. I traveled 107 miles exactly by the time I pulled into the gas station near my house. I put in 6.155 gallons, which when you do the math comes out to 17.3842404549147 mpg. So my computer was right on.

I'll see what I get tomorrow when I have a little more mixed driving, probably 60% highway and 40% city.

#14 ·
hahaha i just pissed my self laughing....i love it and think its hilarious that people even with them in their trucks think cummins is spelled with a g..haha

#16 ·
Wow man congrats! I had to drive about an hour to get my 03 6liter also. I get no where near 17 though I get usually 10 loaded or unloaded. I want a truck similar to yours with the duramax next year

#17 ·
#18 ·
I am really sorry you don't like my English, Why would I give him advice to do an engine swap on a truck he just got? Let him enjoy his new ride and when he wishes to do the swap I'll give him any advice.
I don't need to know perfect English to do some engine swap, I have done so many that giving advice on how to is a simple matter to me.

Besides, my translator gave me that option...................

#19 ·
Nice truck, congrats on the new ride.

#21 ·
I have a 2007 silverado 1500 extended cab with the 6.0L vortec max and on the highway i get 14mpg. I would like to know how a heavier truck gets better milage lol?
The Vortec Max is tuned differently, and it also has a different trans and rear axle. I have 4 2500hd's with 6.0L's two of them are the old body style which only get about 9-10 mpg and two of them are the new body style and they are getting 16-17 mpg, but as soon as you hook up a trailer to the newer ones the mileage is about the same as the old ones. Also you may drive your truck diffrently.

#22 ·
alright i love the truck and im gonna be the cowboy that brakes the ice... mind telling us what you paid?

#23 ·
I know its not a diesel, I was really hoping to buy a diesel actually, but after talking with my mechanics, I just couldn't justify buying a duramax. Mainly because if something breaks on it, its a ton of money to get it fixed most of the time.

I did drive with a pretty "light foot" when I got the 17mpg's.

The price was well under blue book. It was $23995. It was GM certifed used, came with the remainder of the powertrain warranty (for another year and a half) and also came with the 12month-12,000 mile "bumper-to-bumper" warranty. I'm very happy with it. I love all the options on it too (PW, PL, PM, power folding mirrors, auto dimming rearview mirror, rear window defroster, HD trailering package, integrated trailer brake controller, driver information center, 3 months of Onstar for free, 4x4, side steps, center console, steeriing wheel mounted controls, MP3 hook-up, dual power seats, dual climate control). The only thing I have left to do is put in it is the line-x spray in bedliner.

#25 ·
Well, with a little more mixed driving today I was able to get 15.5mpg....I did not tow a trailer though, more city and highway driving unloaded. I'd say I got a good 50/50 mix of city and highway today, about 100 miles worth. Again, that is with a light foot.

I'm towing tomorrow and Thursday, so I will see what I get then for mileage.

So far loving the new truck!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.