New Truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ClippersLC, Jan 22, 2012.

1. ClippersLC

ClippersLC LawnSite Member

I finally gave in and bought a new truck. Its a 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Dually with the 8 foot bed. It has the 6.7 Cummins High Output Turbo Diesel. 6-Automatic 68RFE Transmission. Its Mineral Gray with Black Leather interior completely loaded. Heated and Cooled leather seats, Heated Steering wheel, Sunroof, Touch Screen Infinity Stereo system with Sirius sattelite radio with travel link and a DVD player(you know for watching safety videos that come on DVD for our equuipment... lol), built in trailer brake, 3 upfitter switches one is fixing to be used for a soon to be installed strobe light kit, Chrome side steps, in cab storage out of the wazoo, this thing will go to the junk yard years from now and I'll still be learning what all it can do... lol. It is pretty much a stock truck with only a few upgrades. Has a pair of airbag overloads under it and the rear has a gear reduction in it boosting the torque from 800 to just over 1,000 ft. lbs. all was done from the dealer since im scared to do any aftermarket stuff to trucks with all the computers these days so its equiped the way its gonna stay. Anyhow here are a few pics enjoy...

IMG-20110827-00076.jpg

IMG-20111010-00154.jpg

IMG-20111023-00169.jpg

IMG-20110910-00121.jpg

IMG-20110909-00105.jpg

IMG-20110910-00122.jpg

2. mowing4rlife

mowing4rlife LawnSite Member

Great work truck!:drinkup:

3. j-ville native

j-ville native LawnSite Senior Member

sick! you know i gotta ask... how much?

4. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

She's a beaut.

5. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure why you had the gears done? Are you planning on towing over 22k lbs? Even if so, how they come stock they can easily do so. The air bags is a good idea though.

6. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Very good choice good luck with it

7. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

But yes, that is a sweet truck! I'm a little jealous.

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats! I love mine. I'm jealous though, I want your alcoa rims.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Nice!!

Are you pulling anything other than whats in the pics?

10. ClippersLC

ClippersLC LawnSite Member

I knew that question was comming... lol. Total after taxes, upgrades, the whole works i paid just under $72,000. $71,890 was the total I believe

Oakleaf - I originally wanted a Dodge 4500 but they didnt have any that werent stripped down work truck on the lot that day. So i got this one and made it into a 4500 so to speak. it has 1 extra leaf spring under the back on both sides in addition to the air bag over loads. I have it set up to pull just over 25,600 with the gear reductions and the air bag overloads. I'm told it will actually pull more but bending the axel tube becomes a concern with much more than that if a Gooseneck is hooked up in the bed. I doubt highly that I will ever pull more than 8 maybe 9 tons. Unless I have to rent a dozer one day. Im usually only pulling about 3 - 4 tons daily with just my trailer and equipment, plus if i have mulch or something else loaded up, but i did all the upgrades so that incase someone came to me saying "dude my truck is exactly like your yours and has the same everything and i can pull just as much as you" i can say smile and say "no its not , and no you cant!" lol. its a stupid pride thing i guess lol.