1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ClippersLC, Jan 22, 2012.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

ya. kinda wish i woulda waited to get my house. woudlnt have known it woudl happen tho. my house would probably be hard to sell for half its value. im seeing friends and customers doing the same. tho ur not gonna get a mortgage for the value of what this hosue would sell for.

2. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Now you just need to buy something to justify a 10 ton trailer and 1 ton truck. You could probably figure out a way to spend 100k on a skid steer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. birddseedd

wood chips :laugh:

4. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Why is my bs meter in this thread off the chart?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

House values differ wildly from state to state town to town for all know that may be a 5000 sqft mansion. More realistically its probably an average home for your area and if so that's great I wish you could get into the housing market here for that price. 2007 just before the crash 1 acre building lots were selling for 300k in my town. Hence I own land but have no ability to build on it yet the costs are so prohibitive. But the rewards are also nice living here there are 29,000 properties just in my home town and easily 100,000 in my overall range so there is plenty of work to be had.

6. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah it sucks, I built my house back in 94, but the crash has taken a big bite out of my equity!

Nice truck (72,000 How many beds and baths) lol I'm just jealous...Try to get back on track

7. birddseedd

[​IMG]

this my friends, is a perfectly scaled down version of his equipment. :D

8. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

You want my honest opinion? It's a nice truck but I think your ego got the best of you.

9. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Congrats, man!

10. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I'm still reading through your post here. Did you already have a CDL or did you get one when you bought your gooseneck. I had to get one when I purchased my 20' dump trailer. The ticket for not having the correct license type is $1500.

Also, for gooseneck hitches Una-Goose is the best money can buy. They are rated at 40,000 lbs. I bent two hitches before I installed a Una-Goose.